REFLECT - Really???

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-NANEEJE, Sep 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-NANEEJE Guest

Of all the choices in our AA to go with, I see that Reflect is now on our top list, which is good, seeing as they listened and fixed a lot of things since I have been gone. I realize you all are upset with the heals nerf, but fortunately I was not part of that as I have been away.
    I am trying to put in the new AA line stuff, and seeing that Reflect is in our DPS set up as well as Tank set up, that is pretty cool. When though, is the best time to use that? I am trying to see how it fits in to the casting order I have, but playing on 1 frame per second it's hard to sometimes hover over all the abilities and get it right.
    I need to know if it is correct what it says, that it reflects 200% of the damage? that is what i don't get.
  2. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Mob casts a spell at you for 20,000 damage
    Mitigate 75% of it due to resists.
    hit for 5,000
    Reduced to 3,000
    Reflects 6,000 damage back at the attacker (after checking 6,000 is not greater than max health)
    This crits for 12,000 damage (70% CB) which can be increased further thanks to debuffs.
    Wards heal 3,000 you stay alive.
    The damage is a bonus, I mainly use it to stay alive on massive AoE chains.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jeal117 Guest

time aes hit just before them.. 16 seconds so generally you can only catch two less they're not a wave but seperate and happen to line up
  4. ARCHIVED-NANEEJE Guest

Perfect, thank you.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Jeal@Unrest wrote:
    Some encounters I have found it better to use it ASAP when it is up. RT for example with the swarm adds since they do magic type damage for everything it will reflect a ton of damage back if you have a lot of mobs on you.
    So once you know the encounter decide if it is better to save for AEs or to put up as soon as you can everytime, try and get a Jcap for it :)~~.
  6. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Its near enough the same recast as herretics... so you can normally get them both off at the same time, and have an excuse to ask for JC :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Boli32 wrote:
    ^^ This
    I generally watch / time the reflect when mobs are known to cast spells and throw heretics right after it (as the reflect is 20 sec heretics is 10 you get full benefit if yah cast heretics after reflect). You also want to make sure that any bard / fury / temp isnt casting their aoe prevention at the time you cast your reflect because unless your tanking that wont be reflected.
    Perfect place to do the reflect is Sara in labs and Barrier in RT. Or any mob that has 3 back to back spells that if your able to time cast befor the first one and you will usually get the first 2 and possibly the 3rd.