Recommend to a returning player?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jadestar, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Jadestar New Member

I stopped playing probably two years ago by now. I remember really enjoying the game but either burned out or work/real life leaving me no time. It's been a long time and I'm starting to think of coming back. Would people still recommend the game? How's the shift to day break gone? How's the content? How many expansions am I behind? What are some huge changes or other things I ought to know about? That sort of thing. Would appreciate a little information as I poke around and figure if I want to get back into things.
  2. G.Black Active Member

New TLE servers may be f great thing. Live servers - no.
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

People are excited about the new progression servers. Rolling a character there will give you a lot of people starting out at the same time. They are opening "soon".

Other than that, you may want to roll and re-roll and try out different servers if you are looking for a place to start a character on regular servers. Find one that suits you and seems busy during your play time. If you are planning on playing your characters from your account that you already have on a server, be aware that after opening the progression servers, they are planning on merging some of the other servers.

I think it depends on what you enjoy and want to do. I enjoy the game and would recommend it.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Asking in the forums is more than likely going to give you a diverse range of answers especially since you 'think' it's been two years but you didn't say what the last expansion you played was, so it's hard to guess which or how many you are behind. Current max level is 100 and you need the latest expansion to attain that.
    To play on the TLE servers that are currently in beta and being released in in August, you must be a member (paid subscription).

If you are unsure if you want to subscribe or purchase the latest, you can always log in as a free-to-play which allows level 95 and content through Chains of Eternity
  5. Deago Well-Known Member

AB server is pretty popular.

Some servers are solo fests with a chat room.

And I am okay with that really....lol