Reckless Stance ... Suggestion

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Mnoizr, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Mnoizr Member

This stance for a fighter that wants to tank and DPS is ... problematic at best.

I am sitting on 60% Hate Gain on my Bruiser .. when I group with another tank, I volunteer to go into Reckless. I still float between 90 and 100 on the Hate Meter. I am forced to simply stop fighting and FD from time to time to keep from pulling the mob off the tank.

It got me thinking ...

If when a tank were to go into reckless stance .. all their hate adjustments were inverted ... this feels like it would solve a lots of game mechanic issues.

For instance ... all adornments that are +Hate become -Hate ... and +position CAs and abilities become -position ones. All threat gain CAs, Abilities become -threat abilities. It would make it viable for a tank to be a DPSing fighter and make it virtually impossible for a fighter to tank in Reckless stance.

Thoughts?
  2. Archaical Active Member

Yeah I don't quite understand what thier goal was with Recklessness. I don't know any tanks that don't build for extra hate gain, which makes trying to dps without tanking pretty much impossible against an equally geared tank. -30 hate gain is not enough for these classes to be effective as dps.

I was actually hoping this was just a way for them to test out classes being able to fulfill multiple roles, you know, like successful games allow players to do. In this game if you want to do another role, you are starting from scratch with an alt.
  3. Glassjaw Active Member

That sums it up for me. If a player wants to do high dps then they should play a T1 dps class. Soon every class in this game will have the same capabilities as every other class to please the masses while the quality of the game play falls further down the rabbit hole.

Best way to fix reckless - remove it.

Don't like playing a tank and not having the ability to do top teir dps? - Switch classes.
  4. Cyrde Member

Try second gear to switch with - hate gain adornments. And maybe even a second AA setup without any hategain. Works fine for me.
  5. Mnoizr Member

A nice idea ... I am slowly respec'ing my SS faction gear as a DPS set as I get CoE raid replacements ... but ... that still does not fix the broken mechanics of Reckless Stance.

Flipping all hate mods when you go into reckless would fix it. A an SK that had all of their hate change to -hate when they cast chaos cloud (and every other hate/position gain reversed) in reckless .. would not be able to tank in that stance.

Imagine a raid geared SK with +70% Hate adorns and respec going reckless and now all hate generated by direct threat and position is inverted and all adornments are inverted. They would be at -70% hate out of the gate and unable to generate more through threat/position modifiers .. only DPS
  6. Vonbek New Member

I tank in reckless meh its stupid!
    Mnoizr likes this.