Recently back and a few questions....

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Tangris, May 15, 2019.

1. Tangris Well-Known Member

I logged in again after a few years, and I have an active mercenary but no way to train him, what do I need to do?
    I have mounts but no buttons to train them, so any assistance would be great.

I am overwhelmed, was 95 when I left, but not using a boost want to get back on my feet and level, get mats to level crafting as I go moloing, any insight would be great, thanks!!!!

Unguilded on AB :)
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I sometimes explain things poorly but here goes. You get there from you character window you should have a tab that says Mercenary click that, make sure you have called the merc you want to train (I do not use the standard ui so yours may be a bit different) but on the picture of the merc in the bottom right corner you can click that will bring up the training there should just be a button to hit. The mount works the same way find the mount tab make sure you have the mount summoned you want to train bring him up and hit the train button.
  3. Tangris Well-Known Member

Thanks I thought I looked for the button but will try again!
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tangris Well-Known Member

It says I need expansion 13, and it appears I can no longer buy it, so a bit confused.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not sure of the expansion numbers but do you have the newest one CD that is the one with the mount training, and upgraded merc training. I think the merc training came with POP. If you don't have the newest expansions yea you won't be able to train them, sorry about that I should have asked that first.
  6. Tangris Well-Known Member

All good I bought it hoping that would help... thanks!
  7. Tangris Well-Known Member

I upgraded and that did the trick, now without a guild where do I go to get my gathering skill trained so I can go to 95 area and level up? I can't find a trainer for it. I did a google search and looked around Freeport.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The only way to upgrade your gathering skill is...to gather. You need to go harvesting.

There are nodes out in the world of Norrath that are bushes or roots. These will give you crafting materials and also level up your gathering skill. There are also other nodes like animal dens and lairs (trapping skill) or wood (foresting skill), different types of stones (mining skill), fishing nodes (fishing skill). The only way to increase these skills is to actually go fishing, foresting, mining or trapping.
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Dude and 2 others like this.
  9. Balcerak Well-Known Member

And these days you can get skill raises from levels higher than yours. You may fail a lot but still get the raises, unlike the old days where you had to be in range to get skill raises. So try to harvest as much as you can from a higher level and your skill will go up.
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  10. Tangris Well-Known Member

When I did it said 475/475 I think so I am looking to who sells me the next level so I can get credit for gathering.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

You don't get the levels on those they raise with your adventure level or your tradeskill level so it looks like your level 95 on both so you can either raise your tradeskill level or adventure whichever you prefer and then go out and harvest some more.
    Kittybock, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

There is no one to sell you the next level. There are no trainers for harvesting. To raise your gathering level, you need to increase either your adventuring or tradeskill level.

You are currently at max level for your adventure level 95. When you get to 96, the level cap for gathering will also increase. With adventure/tradeskill level cap at 110, your harvesting level will be eventually capped at 600 or thereabouts (depending on whether you have gear or AAs that increase the cap).
  13. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Hmmm...just had a thought. Do not confuse crafting or tradeskilling with harvesting or gathering - they are two different things. Anyone can harvest, but if you wish to pursue a tradeskill, you will need to learn your craft. There are no boosts for this - you will need to do this from level 1 (well, there are, but at higher level I think).

See the Wiki Tradeskill Timeline (<< link) for more information, including where to start your crafting career and what choices of tradeskills are available.
    Jaden, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.