Rebirth reuse reduced on test. Is this supposed to make it more useful?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Oakum, May 27, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

On test notes it said that druids rebirth has been changes to 5 minutes (from our AA line).
    My question is how many people who DON"T now use it, would suddenly use it?
    Rebirth is such a niche thing for wardens I know when tortoise shell, infusion, and the extra melee attack are what people usually take depending on whether heal or dps specced.
    Maybe they did it for fury's/nuking wardens. With them not being interested in the STR line they might want rebirth.
    I do not ever remember anyone asking for it to be shortened on the warden forums but maybe it was so long ago I just dont remember. lol.
  2. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

If this is a change that goes live, it's one of the more lackluster things they have done to for us. Some people really like the ability, but I'd have to say most Wardens don't take it.
    Leaving raiding out of it...even in a group, there's usually someone else that can rezz better/faster/for more health than we can, even with the Reformations line maxed (for a better rezz).
    So they are beefing up an dubious ability, that is repeated in TSO AAs with the raidwide rezz, and I'll bet all my plat they haven't done a whole lot to fix stuff we have been asking for.
    They DO get to put a changed item under Wardens...for those of us that are impressed with big lists, and don't really read them very closely....whoever that is :)
    Whereas I do still read forums, and have been waffling for awhile, I haven't been able to get past the PLAY button for a couple of months now. None of the stuff I'm reading is making me want to try all that hard. I'm a lot more verbal about it than some people. I'd imagine lots of people have just faded away without saying anything about it.
  3. ARCHIVED-GroundZro Guest

I'm with you Arielle. We've been asking for a confirmation box/timer for Rebirth forever, and they shorten the recast (albeit people gave up asking a long time ago)? Rebirth just gets people killed twice, as is, and a shorter recast won't help. I'm also a bitter warden, whose play time has diminished the longer our class issues go ignored (credit for the fix on the epic, but that wasn't exactly some thoughtful review of warden issues). I had my hopes up seeing warden in the test notes, only to have them dashed again.
  4. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Yeah, rebirth is basically a way to die twice most of the time. Sometimes it comes in handy like a feign death...well...except for the feign part. Mostly shortning the recast time makes it better for people that are leveling solo. If your level 80, you've respect out of that AA line (hopefully).
  5. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

I've always kinda liked the ability but serenity and turtle shell are a little higher up the priority list as far as I'm concerned. Maybe if soe increased the point cap per tree sometime I'd get that endline as well.
  6. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Another joke, i refuse to pay twice de reparation cost of others in raid, and in single group it's prety much useless.
    They had other possibilities :
    Remove the root penalty from gust of wind or reduce reuse to 1second, remove the stffled on turtoise, improve serenity.
    If i compare what we bring to what bring templar we are still far, sure we can still play and we can solo heal most instances but we miss immunities or things like sanctuary + super big buff.
  7. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Odys@Storms wrote:
    Gale is an uber buff, especially when combined with the spore buff. You can derail some ridiculous trains that way. The root part I can really care less about and the reuse is 30 seconds, which is also negligible IMO.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a small tweak to serenity though. It should have a very short reuse timer, maybe like 2 minutes or something.
  8. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

I actually don't mind the root penalty in Gale. My biggest problem with it was that if it roots us as a penalty, it should root in our favor. For example..if, in pvp, I get jumped on a hill, if I pop Gale, I'm rooted. You can't move me or knock me off the hill. I should still be able to be interrupted from any spell that might knock me back, but I can't be physically moved
    This does work in our favor with mobs that fear. If you use this spell you are interrupted with the fear, but you are not moved all over, you stay where you are. This comes in handy, and I like it when it works that way. I don't like having Gale running and being knocked back by the mob, then rooted where I was knocked back to. That is a double penalty for the spell, IMO.
  9. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

If they really want to make rebirth worth something change it from a personal buff to a group buff. After 5 seconds you get auto-rezed and the buff ticks down. After you go through enough triggers it needs to be recast. I'd say give it 3 triggers and make it to where the druid actually needs to be alive so it isn't a self-rez anymore to balance it out.
    Or make it a single trigger group rez. Either version would be much, much better than the current form.
  10. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Any rezz that automatically pops you back up with no box that says 'you wanna do this?' is bad news..in pretty much any situation I can think of.
    To have one that triggered an automatic rezz 3 times would..in pretty much any situation I can think of..mean a repair bill for 3 deaths.
    Sure, there may be the one time in 100 that you can recover, but usually if you wiped to something where no one else is alive and the healer needs an auto rezz - means whatever killed you as a group is still around. To rezz the group, rebuff, get over the 4 hr rezz sickness our rezz has, while fighting off the mob and keepng yourself and the entire group alive against a thing that intially wiped the whole group...well...you see what I'm saying.
    I'd rather leave this up to a class that can FD and give them a rezz clickie than depend on this ability for myself. At least not, as you say, the way it currently works.
  11. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Arielle Nightshade wrote:
    lol Gale versus fear is awesome, and the knockback thing is annoying for sure. The root portion should totally make the druid immune to knockbacks while it's in effect though. I think I am gonna feedback that right now.
  12. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

From the patch notes..
    • Bite of the Wolf will now trigger properly and apply to the warden.
    Err.. what is this supposed to mean?
  13. ARCHIVED-Beotar Guest

StaticLex wrote:
    It means that once again they forgot to edit out lines from old update notes...
  14. ARCHIVED-Tryon Guest

I know I'm in the minority, but I love Rebirth! I was very happy to see the change.
    Maybe I've been in too many mediocre groups, but I can't count the times we've had adds that immediately aggro on me from my group heals before the tank gets aggro. I die, then pop back up to continue healing and carry on. I usually have enough power to finish the battle, especially if I pop a power potion.
    It's also been a life saver in places like Chardok or other places that can take a while to fight back if the group wipes. If I die, I assess if it's going to be a wipe and if it is, I step back to a safe spot and wait for the mobs to reset and then rez.
    You can't always get into groups with high-end players. I'm not high end myself. So for me, rebirth is a life saver, even if I do die more often...

A confirmation box would be nice though :)
    Tryon
  15. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Don't group heal a tank on the pull in a Pick Up Group!!! omgz. I only aggressively heal on the pull when I know the tank. I wouldn't precast ANYTHING in a pick up group till I got a good measure of how everyone was playing.
    My prejudice to the Rebirth ability comes from having spec'd it on a PvP server because it really did look like it'd be a good idea. That lasted maybe...what? 2 hrs? It was a nightmare (lol). After that, groups I was in and guildmates I hung with could all rezz way better than I could.
    If you compare the Warden rezzes to other class' rezzes, they are really not very good, even AA enhanced, so I let other people rezz cause I have the luxury of that.
    Sounds like you have put it to good use though. I could argue that putting those points into other things might give you bigger heals that crit more often and maybe you wouldn't wipe - but sounds like it's serving you well, and that's all that matters.
    And yeah, Chardok../sigh. Wish you didn't revive all the way back at the start from any wipe in the zone no matter where. That's not 'challenging' that's 'dumb', IMO
  16. ARCHIVED-Tryon Guest

Oiy No, I didn't say I group healed on the pull, hehe. I said when we got adds.
    I can keep double deaths to a minimum too. Unless there is an AoE, I can usually back out of aggro range and rez after the group wipes (assuming there's no chance we'll win if I jump back in) with the 100% hp/power rezz and recover much more quickly than the group reviving.
    Oh and Chardok, maybe it's been a while since you've been there, but there are at least 3 revive points. I know for a fact that if you are passed the red gate, you can revive passed the red gate. In fact, once while trying to fight down to the red key holder, we wiped due to that respawning add that the group refused to stop killing (sigh), and we were able to revive passed the red gate anyway.
    Need to get myself an AA mirror, though. One spec for solo/group, one for raids (without Rebirth).
  17. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

You are right there. After killing everything that needed killing in there and and getting all the stuff, haven't been there, haven't looked back, and good riddance! LOL
    Nice to know they made it a little less pain in the rear if you got all the way to the Palace and poked your nose around a corner that you didn't know a mob was behind.