Rebellion

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Celestia, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

I have to wonder if they are ever going to have a live event where the city of Freeport rises up against the lich leader ( I know it starts with an L but I can’t think right now) or Qeynos gets attacked somehow. It doesn’t make sense I suppose for a live server but it would be cool to see something major happening between factions. Or have people rebelling against either the emperor or Antonia Bayle for some reason.

It would never happen, but it’s fun to think about.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The game started off in a Cold War scenario between Qeynos and Freeport. The waters were too difficult for most of Norrath to be rediscovered, so it was only the two cities serving as a bastion of refuge for most of the races out there. Both have spy networks that kept tabs on the other to make sure the other didn't pull anything to result in all-out war.

Lucan D'lere's kidnapping was a major part of the Sentinel's Fate expansion because he has possession of the Soulfire-- aka Aeteok, one of the two weapons that Roehn Theer needs to be able to slay the gods themselves. Back in late 2009, the city of Freeport experienced a period of bedlam when the lack of a leader lead to a power vacuum among the various factions fighting amongst themselves. Not only would you see the city on fire and in ruins in some areas, but there were NPCs of the Freeport Militia fighting off other factions like the Dreadnaughts and the priests of the Dismal Rage fighting with the mages of the Academy of Arcane Sciences. Various floating towers had even crashed into the ground.

Lucan's rescue quickly made Freeport's citizens not only fall in line again, but realize that it was futile to try to try to defy his rule.

During the Tears of Veeshan expansion, Kerafyrm's draconic forces were assaulting Norrath. In both Qeynos and Freeport, the mages had erected a barrier over their cities while dragons flew overhead. All throughout the cities, you would find the Qeynos Guard and Freeport Militia fighting off against Droags and Drakes to drive them out.
    Twyla, Celestia and Breanna like this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

I was here for a tiny bit of Tears of Veeshan, but I only remember visiting the Dragon afterlife place. (I remember we got those cool trees for housing that expansion.)

It makes sense I suppose that it would happen that way though, considering how powerful Lucan is. I always felt sorry for Freeport though, because it seems like it would be living in The Hunger Games or something. Especially with the big death hole in the middle of the city.
  4. Benj Well-Known Member

When Lucan was kidnapped during Sentinel's Fate, Qeynos considered marching on Freeport in his absence, to liberate the people and end the cold war. They realized that some factions within Freeport would never submit to Qeynos' rule. While some members of the council considered "removing" those factions, Queen Antonia firmly opposed any form of racial exile or genocide. It was ultimately the Queen's decision to have Qeynosian adventurers seek out Lucan and restore him to the throne of Freeport, for the greater good of world stability.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

So like the Dark elves in particular I assume?
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Nah, many races and factions. Nobody in particular. All of them were fighting in some way or another, but all of them have their own views on how the world should operate. The Iksar, Ogres, Trolls, Dark Elves, Arasai, Kerrans, Barbarians, Gnomes, Half Elves, Erudites-- All of them in Freeport had their own ideas, and would fight each other just as much as they would fight Qeynos.
    Twyla and Celestia like this.