Reaper

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Celestia, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

Why is the Reaper grayed out? Hell, at this point even the Warden's pet is 125. Are the Devs seriously not going to EVER show Necros love again?

I'm sure this has been said to death but UPDATE THE PET, you guys insisted everyone get a second Epic spell, and Necros are over here twiddling their thumbs because oh yeah, they can't use it. It's basically worthless. This was EXACTLY why I am a casual player who didn't do the third epic timeline.

Edit, well, it's not the only reason I'm casual by far, but seriously is it never going to get updated?
    Sheyn likes this.
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

No Reaper pet is worthless at 125. You should be using the scout pet, Nightshade. However, you still want to upgrade the reaper spell to ancient because it buffs your main pets
    Smashey, Bhayar and Celestia like this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

Hm, I am using the other pets, I just don't understand why they made it that way - staying at 110 I mean. It's just weird to me that they give you a pet then don't allow it to level up with you. The warden one eventually has, the sk's squire thing eventually has, it's odd.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I gave up years ago trying to figure out the thought process for some of the decisions made in the game. Some are announced with the reasons why. Others are just made--sometimes announced, sometimes not. My experience over the years is that when changes are made (whether we're talking in game or real-life) and they're not discussed in the open, then they're usually indefensible because the people making them either don't care or they can't defend them. These days, I just take Soma and it's all good.
    tasnee likes this.
  5. DENSER Well-Known Member

Ahah totally agree that sums up the way they manage the game .
    Hence the absurdity of seeing that they will open a discussion poll between players and them, on the classes. But well, between what they can write and do, there is a big gap
    tasnee likes this.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Those classes don't have innate pets that were rendered useless by the 2.0 pets either though. During KA and subsequently PoP and I think CD (I sorta took a break between those expacs) it was the 2.0 pets were far superior rendering the innate pets useless. It makes sense for the SK/Warden/Ranger pets to scale as they don't have innate pets for their classes whereas the summoner 2.0s scaling would make all subsequent upgrades to their innate pets essentially useless for eternity
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

I guess that makes sense. But what about when the classes get to 150 (if they keep the game going that long) , is it going to be the same then? I guess I am with Bhayar, .
  8. Sheyn Member

^^^^^^^^ this
    tasnee likes this.
  9. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

The Reaper is the Epic 2.0 Pet and it was level 100 form KA and the Devs deciced the old way to give both summeners the 3 origin pets again as they were like a decade before the Epic 2.0.

Evan i am not fine with this on Both Classes Planeswalker and Reaper are much better in performance and the major case the were a mixture out of all 3 Pets and they never died as fast as the normal pets do. This constanly Pet Death conserns me too cause you more recast the Pet than do DPS with.
    tasnee likes this.
  10. Amiiss Member

I dont mind the reaper pet buffing my main pets, but would like to know how much it buffs it for, and to know that as we go up in levels that the buff increases, if the other classes epic spells are increasing with levels. Right now its just a greyed out spell that we are told does something...