RE:krono inflation

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by steo, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quabi Active Member

Yeah, but the inflation-adjusted value (the purchasing power) of the plat the sellers receive should remain pretty constant, so changes in the plat supply alone should not affect the Krono supply. (As far as I know, people aren't dumping the plat they gain from selling Kronos into static plat sinks...it mostly goes right back into the economy.)
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Maybe people are saving for next expansion loot rights. Saving is bad for the economy in general and effectively removes the plat from circulation. With PR and other plat piñatas removed, other things should be more scarce and start increasing in prices.
  3. Quabi Active Member

It could be that some economically savvy players are storing their plat wealth in Kronos because they anticipate a spike in inflation with the expansion.
    Morfydd likes this.
  4. Elostirion Well-Known Member

The inflation adjusted value of plat must remain precisely constant relative to the price of the Krono, as the only metric anyone has proposed to guage the value of the in-game currency is to measure it against an out-of-game currency. The thing that fluctuates intra-expansion cycles is plat's ability to buy things of value inside the game.

That is, unless you plan to develop an EQ2-specifi CPI measure, which would be a lot of work and as soon as you finish it a new expansion/GU update would occur obsolescing it.
  5. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Those people would be gambling on timing the market precisely correctly then. There is historically a big spike in demand as soon as an expansion comes out, then a deeper trough than previous to the expac.
  6. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Must... resist... urge... to... buy... all.. the... kronos....
    Morfydd and Shadrac like this.
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

They're consumables, it's supply and demand.

If there are less people wanting to pay $ to get pp in game, then they'll be less krono, and eventually none as they get used.

Therefore prices for them will rise because demand is high and people will pay stupid prices.
  8. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I've only been looking for a month, and in that time I've seen Kronos go for between 600-1200 on the Permafrost server. But I haven't seen the prices going up and up. I've seen prices fluctuate wildly. It could be 900 right now and 1200 by morning, then back to 900 by afternoon.

I am curious as to what people think the price should be.
  9. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I am on Permafrost and watched the "middleman" buy up all of the Kronos then raise the prices. Then I (and others) bought more and put them on the market, undercutting his price.
  10. Shadrac Well-Known Member

What was PR?
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Protector's Realm. A raid zone in Kunark that's been plat farmed by 6 and fewer people for a long time.
    Shadrac likes this.
  12. Shadrac Well-Known Member

THX
  13. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I am curious about how much plat a high level player can get per hour.
  14. Balbasur Active Member

I'm in one of the top three American raid guilds (Revelations, Validus or Shoukin) our plat splits are around 4k every month.
    Shadrac likes this.
  15. Shadrac Well-Known Member

Wow! That's a lot of plat.

But if you're at the top, what's in the middle?
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

The plat split listed is for guilds that do SLR. Raid guilds that don't sell loot rights don't have crazy plat splits.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

I had noted that too. I personally will pay up to 750 max for a Krono right now I will instantly buy 2 for 1,200 (600p each) almost every time. So if you want a quick sale send me a tell. Averaging across servers I watch that is about the median price most are going for unless someone is trying to speculate the market.
  18. Shadrac Well-Known Member

When I first started, the going rate was 800, so I put one up for 600 because I wanted the plat ASAP. Since then I've learned that the market swings wildly up and down, and I recently sold one for 1,200. So I'm plat fat at the moment.
  19. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I was wondering what the biggest coin drop of mobs is. My toons are almost 50, and the mobs I was fighting today were dropping around 1g, I think. Are there mobs that drop multiple plat at level 95? And if so, are they all uber raid mobs?

Also, considering the OP about inflation, I wonder how much of the price rise is due to speculators.
  20. Elostirion Well-Known Member

non-crazy splits are still about 1k a month.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.