Ratonga Swashie?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Cratix, May 20, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Cratix Guest

I'm new to EQ2, like many others I've seen around lately I am a WoW convert. I really have been enjoying my Swashie, but I would love to play one as a Ratonga. I wasn't sure if this was possible, maybe by betrayal, or some other way? I know I can't start as a Swashie, but was thinking maybe a brigand till you betray? Or is it entirely not possible? Thanks for any info.
  2. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

You would have to start off as a brigand, but there's no reason you couldn't later betray. I mean, other then you'd probably cause the servers to crash and the game implode by having a rat swashy
  3. ARCHIVED-Rippitt Guest

I use a petrified ratonga eye.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kahlef Guest

As RingleToo said you would have to start as brigand and then betray to the good side to become a swashbuckler. You can start the betrayal quest at level 10.

For more information give a look at the betrayal timeline in EQ2i.

I am debating if I make my swashbuckler a ratonga to replace my current rat or make a troll one... Hmmm... Decisions, decisions.
  5. ARCHIVED-AegisCrown Guest

honestly make a dark elf brigand and betray and just use the petrified eye
  6. ARCHIVED-Cratix Guest

Thanks for the info all. I wasn't (still not) sure what the petrified eye is, so I just made a Ratonga Brigand, betrayed and ran over and over the defector quest. Now I'm happy to say, I'm a lvl 17 Ratonga Swashbuckler!

Being new to the game, I had only been playing for about 3 days when I decided to do this undertaking, this was not the easiest thing to do. If I ever decide to do it again, I will have to look up the petrified eye.

Again thanks to all of you for the info provided.

Glad to have finally joined EQ2
  7. ARCHIVED-PhantomOperaGhost Guest

Welcome:)

Nothing beats being a real rat so you did wise.
  8. ARCHIVED-AerieHeart Guest

Cratix wrote:
    On the + side, the betrayal quests give a nice amount of XP and AAs :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Davvin Guest

i just made my Ratonga Brigand last night, haven't decided whether i'm gonna betray to a swashie yet or not, but i'm very glad i chose a rat as they've got some great racials for a rogue class (besides the fact that they're absolutely awesome looking).