Ratonga Monk?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Kerech, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Kerech Guest

I see people talking about Ratonga monks, and I tried to make one, but monk wasn't on the screen after I chose Ratonga as a race.

How do you make a Ratonga monk?
  2. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Make a Ratonga Brusier and then betray to the good side.

I did something similar to get a Dark Elf Monk.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kerech Guest

Ah, ok. I've never done a betrayal - do you actually become a monk? Or are you still a bruiser, just of good alignment?
  4. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

At the end of the Betrayal you become a Monk.

My advise would be to betray some where between lvl 10 and 20, I did it at 20.
    Then betray to Kelethen, it's much easier than Qeynos.
  5. ARCHIVED-BlueX Guest

Errolflynn@Befallen wrote:
    And then you can switch your citizenship from Kelethin to Qeynos with a few simple quests (not a betrayal, but just a city affiliation change), if you desire to be in Q.
  6. ARCHIVED-Thadic Guest

are there any pros/coms of being of one good aligned city over the other?
    meaning, once I betray to Kel, is there any reason to swap over to Q?
  7. ARCHIVED-Lleren Guest

I would suggest waiting till a bit later then 10-20 to betray, much easier to move around opposing cities at higher level, I betrayed in the 40's
    Ratonga > all, we're just more fun and social, others even comment on our unofficial little society, plus we gots imitators !!!
    Now other races may have better stats and even some racial abilities but well play whats more fun to you
  8. ARCHIVED-BlueX Guest

Thadic wrote:
    Not really, it's just your preference. Personally, I don't like Kelethin's layout, especially for crafting... the bank is pretty far away.