Ratonga History (As current)

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Tanooki_Kabooki, Mar 22, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Take a look over on Test there are Nervous Ratonga and Qeynos Citizens all over North and South Qeynos...Haven't checked harbor or the Elddar Grove to see if there are any related Quest yet.
    BTW if there is a Welcoming Quest would other Evil races that have seen the Light side be able to benifit as well as the Ratonga? I moved my Iksar and Dark Elves to halas because they where more open-minded.
  2. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

I'm kinda suprised that NOBODY has actually commented on the OPs lore.
    From what I understand Brell created 2 races called "Roekillik". Presumably the Roekillik in The Hole (EQ2) are the first Roekillik. The second race are the miniture versions found in Thundering Stepps, Enchanted Lands and another zone (it escapes me for the moment) for one of the old World Events where the Roekillik were working for the Drakota. The Lore behind it talks about the elder race being able to mentally enslave the younger race and the younger race being able to escape the vault of brell. The younger race was given a mission but what that mission is was never discussed.
    The second race created wasn't the Ratonga. I don't believe an actual creation mythos for the Ratonga has entered game yet. While it is very likely Brell created the Ragonga, we don't have any idea when.
    There is a book in game that discusses (from the Ratonga point of view) when they first appeared. From the book it wasn't clear if they appeared before, during or after the Rending. There isn't anything I know of in Lore that suggests that Qeynos was approached. There is a great deal to suggest that the Ratonga appeared before the Shattering. Considering everything, I find it very dubious that Queen Antonia Bayle would be the monarch at the time the Ratonga appeared. Unfortunately we don't have much information about the Bayle line of succession to go on from the past 500 years. Just that the Bayle line that Antonious Bayle the IVth was from has died out and the leadership of Qeynos searched for the closest successor and found her on the Isle of Erollisi in the care of the Sisterhood. Not trying to derail this into a succession thread...
    Concerning Caertex: he is lumped in the same category as Veniril Sathir, Lucan D'Lere, and Cristanos. A powerful being who has claimed to be a god. Largely they benifited from the absence of the gods themselves and show some signs of benifiting from worship but show no actual signs of being anything more than powerful mortals. The Caertex that have shown up in game so far have been fairly easy to defeat, none requiring a raid effort while Veniril Sathir was a x4 encounter that showed definate signs of being something out of the ordinary with him calling on his made-up "all-soul of the iksar" Sylix for additional power.
    The Chetari shouldn't be pre-Roekillik. According the the Roekillik's claim they were the first, and the best. The Roekillik would claim to be before all other creations which is certainly possible. It is their interactions with other creations that made Brell angry and caused the race to be confined. When were the Chetari created? When were the Ratonga created? Undefined.
    Now, I hope someone comes along and corrects me. Enjoy!