Rare Purple Shiny Feedback

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Manafizzle, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Like the meta collections of expansions past, this is a must-have for raid toons right now. In the past, meta collections had rares so rare that groups running every day for hours in the heroics never managed to finish the collection for six people. The solution then was to add a reward with no trade shiny options so that people who ran often weren't left at the mercy of a ridiculous RNG for a must-have item.

Yet, here we are. Running this zone hours and hours a week, killing the same six bosses repeatedly...and I'm in a solid group of six people where all six of us need the same one shiny and it hasn't dropped for us in months.

That's not acceptable. We all raid, we all need this item. We have more than put in a reasonable amount of time to earn it. We would like to move on and do something other than these six mobs. People need H3 for the epic weapons. People need a change of scenery so they don't burn out. This repetitive contested H3 mob slaughter is not a challenge, it's not a fun adventure...it's getting tedious and annoying. We are frustrated.

Suggestion: Add a weekly to the contested for H3 mobs. Kill 6 H3 mobs in a week and you can pick one purple shiny. Or ten mobs. Or twelve. Who cares? We've killed these same six mobs countless times already with no progress made on the goal of finishing our collections. Please, give us a way to be done.

If nothing changes, many of us will not finish this collection. Just like past heroic metas where it was left up to terrible RNG and folks missed out on useful stuff. Please give us a way to get this item before it's obsolete...you're asking too much of our time to 'earn' this reward.
    ZUES, SolarFaire, Loke and 19 others like this.
  2. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Totally agree. There's 2-3 of the shinies that are obviously set on a super rarity. This causes all sorts of drama within the guild as there are folks that have been running near daily and still do not have the reward. Given these mobs are contested and on a relatively long respawn...a quest shouldn't cause the content to lose value.
    SolarFaire, Mithriel, Blew and 6 others like this.
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

Rumour has it that next GU will include a weekly for 1 no-trade per completition. This is a good step, but from next server restart they should all have equal drop rate.

I have been doing 4 full clears every week since contested was released and I have not seen a single Fang of Yore. On top of raiding 3 times a week PLUS doing H3's twice a week.

The game has become a full time job by now!
    Aggy, Mithriel, Blew and 6 others like this.
  4. Juok Member

We have been running this for our raid team since the first H3 mob went down in flames (even though Hakri was already on fire when we got there). Out of the 30 tracked raiders on our spreadsheet, with us running this zone hours on hours all 7 days of the week, exactly 1/3 of our raiders have actually obtained this shiny even with feedback submitted through in game feed back and raid counsel? A "contested weekly" as mentioned above with a reward of the elusive purple shiny "Breath of Rejuvenation" allowing those spending more time in the zone to finally finish! I personally know of 4 long time players of EQ2 that have already said they will not be renewing subscriptions and/or buying new expac because of this folly of the purple shiny conundrum.
    Aggy, Mithriel, Blew and 4 others like this.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Don't get me started! :( My first purple was a server disco and I have yet to complete this, that claw of antiquity is far too rare. Amazing how many shinies have rotted in the last 90 days of trying to get the collection done. I am the only person in my group that has NOT completed.
    Which is causing another issue; those that have completed are burned out too and cancelling groups.
    Aggy, SolarFaire, Mithriel and 3 others like this.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

almost 2 hours now trying for my last shiny, just waiting on H3 repops in the 3 zones available. :(
    and I finally got my claw!
    Aggy, Mithriel, Blew and 4 others like this.
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

I think I have killed about 100 C3 mobs now and only seen the claw once. That is very rare given these are contested mobs. I have claw now but still missing another one which I am told semi rare. We have seen that one 2 or 3 times but I lost the roll.

We are casual guild/players and normally don't prevent whoever in the group from rolling on them however for the first time since 2004, we have prevented people from rolling to concentrate on few people who are close to completing. This feels very bad to me for some reason even though I know this practice is very common in the game. Most people in the guild are very understanding but if things like this continue in the future I can see drama starting etc and thats not good for the guild and hence the game.
    SolarFaire, Mithriel, Blew and 3 others like this.
  8. Shwetty Active Member

While you are at it, lets get some cabbages/shards of rejuvenation somewhere else besides the now defunct personal loot system in h3's. How about if you clear Mahalla you get 500 cabbages, or 100 per boss in Mahalla. Grinding these stupid h3's for a weapon that will be potentially replaced in a few months is an annoying grind.
    Blew, Mithriel and Manafizzle like this.
  9. Harek Member

This needs to be taken very seriously. I know several people - even ones who actually had the fortune after 150ish hours grinding the purples to finish(like myself) who are very on the fence re: continued purchases unless this is changed and a commitment to never do it again is made.
    Smashey, Blew, Mithriel and 2 others like this.
  10. Smashey Well-Known Member

How many threads about the progression in RoR do we need and how many likes before any of the developers wants to tell us their vision for the game or if we will see any changes? Like who did the number crunching on how much espected time one should spend in contested? Who came up with the parchment drop rate number, who and why do we need 500 shards in H3 etc. ?

Its ridiculous at this point. Yall tell us to provide feedback, we have been doing that for months now and its all silence.
    Shwetty likes this.
  11. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Don't worry, we have beta in a couple weeks for a gu that's still going to be: overtuned, wards won't work, lockout will be 3 days, all while having to grind the zone 50 times for a new adorn set before expac drops 2 months later

And then do it all over again for the expac beta, that will once again, have feedback get ignored
    Aggy and Breanna like this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And the "pay" sucks, haha.
    Smashey likes this.
  13. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I do agree rare is a little more than rare, but don’t start it by saying it’s required for raiding. It’s not required at all for raiding and you saying that will prompt them to not even look at it.
    It’s a nice to have and there are four rare ones, so it seems, that are super rare. They do need to be looked at an increase in the drop rate for sure and it has nothing to do with raiding. It has to do with the fact of the crazy amount of time invested with no return. That’s the sell. Our time is valuable and pouring in hundreds of hours for something with no return is such a PITA.

This item is not a requirement for raid though.
    Aggy likes this.
  14. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Well if you were done in two weeks what would you do then (sarcasm)….but seriously, threatening them with your sub does nothing. Since this is a feedback, you should give a feedback not a threat lol. Like, it is what it is for getting them, but once you get them all, then you can open them up on Alts by killing all contested H3s once on the alt. The weekly bags thing has been talked about and is a great idea, but again would be done in a month because people would know the rares and choose those and smash the rest. These type of collections have been in game for a while and they tweak here and there but they won’t get rid of them lol.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Chrol Developer

There will be a weekly Takish'Hiz Contested [Heroic III] mission that rewards a choice of 1 Unburied Booty collection piece per completion in an upcoming update.
    ZUES, Manafizzle, SolarFaire and 9 others like this.
  16. Drona Well-Known Member

I heard a rumour that it will require us to kill 6 unique named per week (x2)? :D
  17. Chrol Developer

Only 6?!
    Twyla, Drona and Taled like this.
  18. Dahakon Member

The Orignal design of the no trade shiny bag from completeing one weekly quest, system which became part of the game since the Fabled Vasty Deep: Toil and trouble Game update was a great design it also slow down getting rewards to fast but also allowed the ability to finish the collections in normal time without the grind or long rare shiny drop systems form previous content.

The Weekly quest being added to current Purple shiny system should have been added with the collection being launched, half the shinies should have been tradable from the start like all other collections from the boss drops and the other half Gated behind the weekly quest which would make it that u had to earn them over a few weeks killing the bosses which is the current direction of this game to space and make content longer to obtain. it would have removed the weeks on end grinding missing certain rare rare purple collections like most are missing and support active game play to earn them weekly shinys.
    Drona, Jinksie and SolarFaire like this.
  19. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

20. Smashey Well-Known Member

Is there any reason why the reset timer for the new contested weekly is Saturday and not Thursday like everything else?
    Beee likes this.