Rare Harvesting Chance Info

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kristabella, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I wanted to make a post about rare harvesting chance (RHC). Some people are getting their rare harvest chances up into the mid 20 to high 20 %'s. While I might not have everything, or have forgotten somethings (which if I do, I hope someone adds it to this post), I wanted to list what I have put together.

There is 2 things in the AA Tradeskill lines to raise your RHC:
    Tradeskill Prestige > General Tab > Seasoned Harvesting - 5 points in this one gets you 5%
    Tradeskill Prestige > Far Seas Tab > Far Seas Harvesting Technique - 1 point in this one gets you 1%
    Potions of Bountiful Harvesting > Gets you 2% for 6 hours and 18 minutes
    Gaggalu Pearwood Familiar > Gets you 5%, initially, but it can be leveled with familiar training potions.
    Here are some of the ones I can recall, if there are ones I forgot, please share :)

[IMG]

*** Note: Miraguls's Familiar Tonic came as a reward for reaching level 30 on Fallen gate.

NOW, with Chaos Descending, we have Hackamore and Saddles with Harvesting Skills:

Student Saddle: 3.0%
    Academic Saddle: 3.9%
    Chronicler Saddle: 4.6%
    Elysian Saddle: 4.8%

Student Hackamore: 3.0%
    Academic Hackamore: 3.9%
    Chronicler Hackamore: 4.6%
    Elysian Hackamore: 4.8%

I am just trying to put out there about the RHC things, not the speed up of harvesting, or raising the harvesting skills themselves. Please if I have left out something, please add :) Hope this helps some who were wondering.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

3. Fellon63 New Member

4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

\aITEM -1071084323 -239902246 0 0 0:[Potion of Bountiful Harvests]\/a -- +2% rare harvest chance for 6 hours. You get these from your tradeskill apprentices for doing their little daily quests every so often.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

You also have the nails (basically white adorns) of harvests
  6. Redlight Well-Known Member

If you combine bountiful harvest chance along with rare harvest chance you will get the most benefit from your harvesting time,it wont make it any more enjoyable though ;)
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Hmmm Which of the Nails gives you more Rare Harvesting Chance? I may have overlooked some of those then???
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

That's what audio books are for...
    Soara2, Drona, Pixistik and 3 others like this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

You get bountiful harvest which gets you more stuff "per harvest action" and thus indirectly more rare harvesting chance "per harvest action". Sorry that I wasn't clear about what I meant
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Bountiful Harvest gives you more pulls per node (you have a chance to harvest twice on a pull). Each pull is its own independent dice roll, and each pull can result in a rare. So the more Bountiful Harvest you have, the more pulls you get in the same amount of harvesting time, and thus more rares.

Edrickx from Maj'Dul made a good suggestion in Crafting channel the other day. He pointed out that level 95 gear has two white slots (this is the stuff from Sleeper's Tomb, for example, and at 110 with Chaos Descending gear, you can solo even the raid version mentored to 100. Also, the stuff shows up on the broker from time to time). Two white slots means you can put two Nail of Harvesting or Celestial Nail of Harvesting on an item. That nail goes on head, legs, and feet, so you could put four on your Masque de Lorme, and 2 each on some level 95 pants and boots, giving you 8 x 5% or 5.5% Bountiful Harvest. My main harvester didn't need to use all those slots... just getting her a pair of 95 pants put her at a smidge over 100% Bountiful Harvest chance (107% Bountiful Harvest, 26.8% Rare Harvest Chance).

Another thing worth noting that the Gaggelu Pearwood familiar boosts rare harvest chance, and if you level that familiar up, it increases rare harvests more each level.
    Soara2, Katz, Pixistik and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I do Spotify, but same idea. I find harvesting relaxing.
    Soara2, Xianthia and Rosyposy like this.
  12. semisus Does not play this game

Why do people start posting about bountiful harvest or harvest chance when OP says this?
    Is it really that hard to read? some people just post stuff it seems to post without any meaning and derail threads with nonsense
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Feara Well-Known Member

Not seeing it listed on the home page in the premium edition, would that be the Chaos Descending premium edition?
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. semisus Does not play this game

Its in the chaos mount gear crate which is part of premium , you unpack the crate and one of the things it contains is this.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Prox Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Nail of harvesting only go on chest , legs and feet ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I did not go look it up. I was thinking head, legs, and feet. But sure enough, it's chest, legs, and feet. So, you can have a nail in your Gi of the Ashen Artisan, two in your pants, and two in your boots.
    Soara2, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  17. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

If you skip over a few words there it sure sounds funny..if you had a semi twisted mind.. which of coarse I don't.
    Soara2, ConcealFate, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  18. Inquirewithin Member

Add something of value to conversations.
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

My 2 cents
    Soara2, ConcealFate and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Edaine Member

If you were to level up the familiar, how much rare harvesting chance does it go up by?
    Soara2 likes this.