Fixed Internally Rare Harvest chance is not working in Blinding

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tasburath, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Tasburath Member

I have 27.3% rare harvest chance and max mining skill.

In over 30 minutes of harvesting for Primal Luclizite shards, I have gotten 2 rares so there is no way the rare harvest stat is working properly.
    Jinksie, Beee, Chienne-Guk and 14 others like this.
  2. Tasburath Member

In addition, my mining is 803 and base skill is capped.
  3. Craft New Member

Same here, I have 36,6% rare harvest and have spent hours upon hours trying to get rares without much luck. So far I have got overall between 25 and 30 rares in a month, it should be at least 10 times that amount by now.
    Another thing is the shadow harvest, nothing to talk about for a month, just a big disaster.
    So, I have quit harvesting in the Blinding for now until the dev. team see fit to fix this disaster.
  4. Bentley101 New Member

I enjoy the shadow aspect of the game rares in 30 minutes I can get up to 10 that's a fantastic turn around! Thanks to Den updated suggestions. I ran 1 hour of regular nodes on only 12% and I was able to get 18 pomes rares and 10 mushrooms a few other rares so I'm not sure how you're running your harvesting.
  5. morderir Active Member

well i think the range loved you :) i usually run for around 8-15 rares per hours harvesting all node i find with around 37% rare harvest ( not counting the root which are the only rare which get an ok drop rate).. bug or working as intended ????
  6. Fauna Member

Not seen any acknowledgement of this yet, but it's still very much the case. All nodes bar roots seem to ignore the rare harvest chance.
    Priority and Zynt like this.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

It's not just the Blinding, it's all BoL zones.
    Timber likes this.
  8. Mineeme Member

Some data I collected with my rare harvesting chance at 72.8% in Blinding, Feb 10, 2021:

Total attempts: 201. Rare: 53. Percent Rare: 26.3%

Coalesced stone cluster attempts: 24. Rare: 0. Percent Rare: 0%
    Crawling root break attempts: 48. Rare: 37. Percent Rare: 77%
    Fallen branch attempts: 28. Rare: 3. Percent Rare: 10.7%
    Lunar berry bush attempts: 27. Rare: 0. Percent Rare: 0%
    Rockhopper den attempts: 39. Rare:4. Percent Rare: 10.2%
    Soft metal vein attempts: 26. Rare: 0. Percent Rare: 0%
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Some of us are becoming convinced that rare harvest chances have zero to do with any rare harvesting stats you may have.
    Timber, Soara2 and Carizia like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Rare harvest chance as always been capped at 10% except for roots everywhere, I collected tons of data with a parser (several thousands of pulls) back in BoL beta to get it fixed and it never was. I hope it'll get fixed one day. I never tried to improve my rare harvest chance due to that as it's pointless.
    Soara2 and Carizia like this.
  11. Mineeme Member

Well, vote for getting it fixed by clicking 'Like' on the top post. Especially since rare harvests are now required for raid advancement.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

It's not going to get fixed.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This issue is even more noticeable now with some people having over 80% rare harvest chance.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

actual max rare chance seems to be 96% :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

What's the next step after being [confirmed]?
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

When you see it announced on national news that people in Hell just got ice water, you know the fix is coming up next.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL LOL LOL
    Soara2 and Xianthia like this.
  18. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I'll just add my voice here as well. My harvest skills are over 1k, bountiful harvest at 101% and rare harvest chance at 86%. If I avoid roots, I will harvest over 300 mats before I'll get a rare. BoL and RoS zones.
  19. Cylob Member

Doesn't it work something like: normally you have let's say 0.5% chance. So with 100% rare harvest chance you would have 1% chance.
    The base % in these zone is just really low I think. As intended.
  20. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

it has been off and or wrong for at least the last two expacs.