Rangers

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Reshi, May 29, 2013.

1. Reshi Member

(yes its one of those threads!)

Reading through these forums it looks like Rangers are highly competitive in terms of DPS for raids after CoE expansion. Is this understanding correct please? Can a well played Ranger match Assassins and BL for top DPS spot now?

What I am not sure is about Ranger group and raid utility. Someone mentioned that Rangers now have BL level utility. Is this correct? Do they have some utility skill that is required or desirable for raids?

I have played EQ2 long time ago, so kind of out of touch now. I have looked up Ranger skills/AA etc but not sure how they work within the end game context.

Lastly, if I want to join an end game raid guild and remain competitive, should I roll a Ranger or some other scout please? :)
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

A dirge or troub is always needed. DPS slots are harder to get and are very competitive.
  3. Eileithia Active Member

As Arielle mentioned if you plan on rolling a Scout - Dirge or Troub will be the best to give you an almost guaranteed raid spot. If you are only focused on DPS - Ranger is a viable option, as are the rest of the DPS based Scouts.
  4. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Rangers are solid now and if played well you won't have a problem finding a spot. The bards are easier to get in on, but play what you like. Equally buffed rangers can compete with any class dps-wise. They bring utility in a 5% max hp debuff that's attached to searing shot and group damage proc attached to focus aim.
    Neiloch and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  5. Zhouyu Member

Rangers didn't get a DPS boost with the GU, they have always been able to match and even out perform BLs and of course Assassins in certain situations. The only issue been lack of HP debuffs which are extremely potent in raids. There just wasn't room for a Ranger in most raids.

GU 66 gave Rangers the 5% HP debuff and bought them a spot over BLs and Swashbucklers. As far as DPS goes, I will find it hard to believe any class can out perform a Ranger on a grand scale, in particular HM/progression fights. Ranger at the moment is one of the valuable DPS classes, as they offer 5% hp debuff, powerful single target and AE dps which can be inflicted from a distance.