Rangers vs. the rest of the ranged classes

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-Verrie77, Nov 23, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-gandie Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Hey i tried ur advices, turns out it didnt go all to well.
    The damn rangers do more ranged dmg arrow for arrow then me apparently,so i cant force them into moving cause they are contempt with the current situation. Also they use these snare poisons called fettering. Apparently it makes u so slow u cant move anywhere. Boy was i suprised !!
    I tried to cure this snare, but it didnt relieve the right detrimental so i was still stuck. Also i heard that their fettering snare is passive and that they always have their CA snare´s rdy for when fettering is removed, apparently they can adjust their chat window so that they get a msg saying "fettering has been removed". Again, boy was i surprised.
    Anyways.
    I will tinker around with it some more. If i can catch em offguard and get close up then i feel confident vs rangers, its just when they are aware of their surroundings that they get hard to close in on.
    Last thing.
    I think i implied that i was mainly refering to open world pvp scenarios on nagafen in the post you are replied to, i know that we are on bg forum, but i just threw that in there for good measure as to show the ranger scenario over here.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

Hint: Any good scout that gets the drop on any other good scout usually wins.

Edit: To elaborate further, this thread is crammed with some of the biggest misconceptions about the class that I've ever seen. If you're so enamored with them, roll one. You'll be slitting your wrists every time you see a good healer or fighter, which is over half of the population of BGs. If you're getting killed by a Ranger, you're a scout, a bad mage, or not trying very hard.