Rangers/Crafting

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-cgmessick, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-cgmessick Guest

I am going for the ranger class still currently on IOR but was wondering as i plan on also being into crafting what proffession more suits the ranger class? thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Rents Guest

I have been pondering this question as well.. I have to proubly go with jeweler, since that artisan proffesion also lets us craft our spell scrolls.. I am level 26 now, and still have yet to start crafting, I just really need to make up my mind on what I want .
  3. ARCHIVED-michael_rem Guest

If you want something to support your ranger in crafting there is alot of potions.
    Scolar can make spells.
    Outfitter can make Weapons or Armor for you.
    Craftsman can make wood weapons (bows).

I just lookd what crafters we have in guild, and im gonna do Outfitter / weaponsmith cous thats one we needed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sapperlight Guest

I picked what I thought was the "no brainer" and went craftsman/woodworker so I could make arrows and bows. Well, I now realize that the arrows I make are tedious and of lesser quality than merchant bought ones, and at a higher cost to boot. In addition, at level 21, rangers get a spell that allows them to conjure up arrows that are above what I can craft anyway. Furthermore, woodworking is very dependent upon other artisans, so you'll spend a fair amount of time and coin trying to get the resins/oils/washes that you need, as well as the iron pieces.

If you prefer to be self-sufficient, provisioner has little to no dependencies on the other crafters. The downside is that there doesn't appear to be much difference in the variety of the products that provisioners make, but that is likely to be fixed eventually.

If I were to do it all over again, I would probably choose jeweler due to the seeming lack of them on my server and the fact that they rely mostly on mining instead of foresting.