Rangers any good?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by redindus, Oct 22, 2020.

1. redindus Active Member

Been awhile since i played, wanted to try something different, the race i am playing is good for scout role and decided to play a ranger. I ask this on the general chat, some says they sucks!

Very much like to have a combat pet, was told there is none. So look like i need to grab a merc then. Curious does anyone play rangers anymore?
  2. Mysten New Member

Hello.

I can only confidently say that eventually, as a Ranger, you will get a pet at level 100~110 with your Epic 2.0 abilities ... It's called the Heartseeker Hawk, and you can find more information about it on EQ2 Fandom wikipedia. But from my experience playing a Ranger, the damage doesn't feel lackluster, and I quite enjoy the archery damage potential. There will be better classes for damage, but if we did that, we'd all be playing a Warlock.

As for the race selection ... I wouldn't worry about racial selection for classes. It's very minimal in the end. Incredibly. So play what looks neat. While this may not help much, I hope it does help some.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

We have two rangers in our raid. While it is true rangers took some hits, in the hands of the right person, they still do excellent damage. Beware of asking questions about a class or its viability in General Chat as evidenced by your question about a pet and being told "no." The forum here is one source and if you're in a guild talk to a ranger or two there. Have fun.
  4. Laaw Well-Known Member

yes they're good and still fun to play