Ranger Mythical Buff Missing 0m range

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-bigdaddyt59, Feb 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-nimbus2kgold Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
  2. ARCHIVED-bigdaddyt59 Guest

I cant wait to be a more ranged class still doing 10-30k under assassins and rogues! WOOT

assassins have shorter casting times then us, more CA damage on those CA's and the chance to flurry.

You going to give us an extra 10m on bows or what? man that sure would fix us
  3. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

lol you doing 10-30k less than rogues and assassins on zw? that sucks.

Seems I experience all the same balance issues most rangers do but not nearly as intense.

If you actually kept up with what is going on basically their plan is (at least rumored) to increase our ranged damage and be less reliant and the sweet spot that is essentially melee range. Much better solution than just making it so we can ranged auto at point blank.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    Because in your fantasy dreamland, your rogues and assassins are probably terrible. Something to consider. ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-biguglyone Guest

For me the biggest issue is the min range problem however I agree that is just part of the bigger problem. Its a way in raiding to attempt to keep from being outparsed by the utility classes lol by using mele attacks as well as ranged and ranged auto attacks. In pvp not being able to auto attack while someone is in your face is really wrong. I agree some of the problems can be helped by increasing damage of CA,s and reducing reuse timers but the range issue still needs to be addressed.
  6. ARCHIVED-Snosael Guest

Brutalicus@Nagafen wrote:
    would have been nice if rangers got something similar/equivalent to what assassins got. they get to teleport to target so they can melee their face off. we should have gotten a self blink or blink target so we can stay at ranged. at least until they run back to us and kill us.

it just seems so nearsighted for soe to make such an improvement to one class (assassins) and not even try to improve rangers. someone at soe needs to find the dev thats stuck on tweaking Sks and make him look at some of the **** classes. does that guy even know there are more than just Sks in the game? idk if he wears a special helmet when he walks to work every day but at least he can do something right, he just needs some help rotating thru the classes.
  7. ARCHIVED-nimbus2kgold Guest

Snosael wrote:
    And by melee their face off, we mean do the ca that is attatched to that teleport spell that does something like 30k damage. On top of what they already have. Just lovely.
  8. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

Liviya@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    And on a relatively short recast timer, if I remember right.
    Incidentally, an interesting conversation that was had on a raid about a week ago. Someone asked the assassin what his max hit for assassinate has been. The answer? He couldn't remember what was the highest, but over 200k.
    My max hit for Sniper shot has been just barely over 100k, and that's if all the stars align and I pop both PFT, Coverage, and Focus Aim at the same time. Sniper shot's recast is just under ten minutes, IF you have an AA to lower said cast time. Assassinate's recast time is half that, and it does over twice as much damage on a good hit.
    I know that difference has been run into the ground between these two abilities, but it's one of the easiest examples to point to when it comes to the disparity between these two classes.
  9. ARCHIVED-biguglyone Guest

I like the self blink or blink target attack idea. It would need to be able to be used at 0m and the blink would need to be a decent distance but the idea is cool.
  10. ARCHIVED-bigdaddyt59 Guest

a self blink would be completely useless in raids and do nothing but lower our dps.

no thanks
  11. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

Just make us able to use CAs on the run again and problem solved
  12. ARCHIVED-biguglyone Guest

The self blink idea was for use in pvp and having nothing to do with raids. They still need to fix our dps/reuse timers and the min range problem to make rangers worthwhile in raids.
  13. ARCHIVED-biguglyone Guest

Hey I like the ranged on the run idea as well for use in pvp not to fix the raid problem lol.
  14. ARCHIVED-Upirus Guest

any word lately?
  15. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

Well with potency uncapped..guess what Sins,Sawshies and Mages benefit more than we do, thanks to our craptastic CA's.
    Rather than we got some tweaks, the gap between preds is becoming bigger everytime the devs do something and the other dps classes get a dps boost.
  16. ARCHIVED-Upirus Guest

/bump because I refuse to let this topic sink into obscurity.
  17. ARCHIVED-biguglyone Guest

they forgot about us lol. Actually the developers are waiting for me to betray and change over to an assasin, then they plan to nerf the assasin and give the rangers a huge mega boost making them an elite class the play.
  18. ARCHIVED-macsux Guest

Got toxula hardmode bow but still have the old eagle talon on hotbar, as it's just necessary on some fights... Makes me sad when i have to use it, and makes me angry when I foget to switch back :p
  19. ARCHIVED-Upirus Guest

/bump because I refuse to let this topic sink into obscurity.
  20. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

This needs to be fixed, I mean, you are going around making hit boxes bigger on mobs now and you still say that this is"just a convienience" espically on the RT fight where sometimes you may not have the option of stepping back a bit as the floor there may be gone. Stop being stubborn and put it on the buff, or give us something else that would be equally valuable to us, casting ranged CAs on the move. Also our AEs still are not 0 range with any bow other then the myth/eneverated.