Ranger build for max DPS

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by ReyesOdysseus, Apr 19, 2018.

1. ReyesOdysseus New Member

So, I'm new back to EQ2 and was a hard corps EQ1 raider but have been out of this for about 10 years. Anyway, I got back in about 3 months ago to play with my RL friends. I've built a Ranger, he's now 110 and Fabled out, nothing crazy and our 6 person guild is doing T1 PoInnovation Heroics, no real upgrades for me to give you a gauge on my gear. My toon is Reyes on Halls of Fate if you want to get a breakdown of it. http://dragonsarmory.com/character/eq2/2598475064751 I have Expert out my spells and you can see my AA build.
    My question is, where is a resource for me to know how to build this for Max DPS? In WoW, there is an endless supply of resources but I can't find anything really, or recent, on EQ2. Nothing talking about shot rotation, spell rotation buff, ascension build, etc. I ask because I'm being out DPS'd by pets, Lol, it is embarassing as all get out! I have no idea where to go, what to do or how to build and maximize this toon. I'm enjoying the game but I can't keep playing if I can't make this work.
    Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Also, any key macros? I used to live off of Macros on EQ1, I don't know how to do that in EQ2 or if there is any real advantage with it.

Thank you all for your time and advice on this.

Please allow me your thoughts

Reyes Odysseus
    110 Ranger
    Phoenix
    Halls of Fate
  2. Corran Member

Basically its get Epic 2.0 (and fervor proc rune) .. get Hawk .. use fragements to level up the Hawk

Use Hawk , Cast Makeshift Arrows and win as a ranger :)

Gear - Get as much double cast as possible (Belt/cloak/White runes/food and drink , reforge into max cast speed)

Complete the Tradeskill timeline for the familiar and tome.

As for Ascension - Go Eth - Cast Ethershadow assasasin on fervor proc , use implosion and etherflash on AE fights

Then basically its all about farming for tradeskill items to make the MC jewels and get mount.
  3. Redlight Well-Known Member

First thing is to reforge back in to crit bonus, reforming out of it for melee stats is detrimental you want it at 4K+
    Pot, CB,Fervor and double cast all those melee stats you once knew are just filler, welcome to Evermage2
  4. ReyesOdysseus New Member

What about shot/spell selection? Just hit any attacks in any order?
  5. ReyesOdysseus New Member

What about AA's?
  6. Sowy Active Member

Yes/no.

Understand that your MSA only procs on ranged attacks so know to prioritize even the dopeyest of ranged attacks to maximize the amount of times it procs.
  7. ReyesOdysseus New Member

"Yes/no.

Understand that your MSA only procs on ranged attacks so know to prioritize even the dopeyest of ranged attacks to maximize the amount of times it procs."
    So then what are the ranged attacks in order of how I need to arrange them to maximize this?

8. ReyesOdysseus New Member

So then what are the ranged attacks in order of how I need to arrange them to maximize this? Dagger Storm > Triple Shot > Focus Aim > Sniper Squad > Levin Bolt > Etherflash

Do I try to combo Killing Instinct with Dagger Storm, Storm of Arrows, Stream of Arrows and Arrow Barrage?

Is it worth it to add Cheap Shot, Blazing Shot, Sneak Attack, Sinister Strike? even on my spell bars?

Does anyone use the Stuns like Crippling Shot at all?

Please allow me your thoughts
  9. Sowy Active Member

Here's what I do to math up how much DPS an attack actually does, which might help with your question:

I use a spreadsheet, put the total damage that an ability does + add a rough estimate of proc damage to that ability. then I divide it by the total cast time + recast. [IMG]
    this is an older one, those aren't my current damages. You can put the MIN or the MAX but whatever you pick do the same for everything. The fourth column has the ones that proc MSA, so I factor that in when calculating how awesome the spell is.

So once you've done the total damage / time you end up with sort of an efficiency number... sort that by size and then you have the most efficient abilities. There's a separate column on my sheet for "x4 targets" and x8, cuz it helps you pick whats better to hit if its an AOE fight.

I assume you meant Searing shot not Blazing shot, because Blazing shot if you have went left side is one of your best attacks. Searing shot is still great because it helps overall damage received so while it might not be amazing for your individual dps it helps raidwide dps.
  10. Aran Anar Active Member

Simple you want more damage from your ranger then get grandmaster or mythical spells and that will more than double your damage

then get that crit bonus as high as possiable then you all done till you are level 110 :)
  11. doit Member

So currently on single target named, @ what damage should a ranger be doing in terms of percentage of total of own DPS?
    Just restarted my ranger and looking for guidance..
    Heartseeker hawk @ 20-30%?
    Makeshift Arrow %?
    Ascensions total %?
  12. Uncle Active Member

ok looking at your gear / aa / spells i noticed the following.

your stats look to be with in margins for your gear.. your missing the collection neck( that Spell double is a must have especially if your raiding t2+) As well as the TS mount. and sig quest/faction achievement Off hand ( that 150 cb OC is a must).

next your 2.0 abilities are only at master need to bump those up to Ancient you see a difference. As well as getting your ascensions leveled.

Not certain what your deity points are at but with the new panda quest they should be at a min 80~85. this will help your potency/cb/sta.

Also snacks are a must.. just like flasks are in WoW raiding so if your not using those may want to start.

your AA's the only thing really glaring is your predator tree. you can refer to my dragons armory http://dragonsarmory.com/character/eq2/880469311241 for options there.

last cast order
    when gate is up hit Ascensions > dagger storm or exploit weakness if you get proc same time> sniper shot(if ascensions are down)>wreak havoc>sniper shot again( if reset happens) .

normal cast order: i spam the abilities that trigger Burning Intensity.

Hope what I've said helps
    Uncle
    Pixistik likes this.
  13. Uncle Active Member

Rosyposy likes this.