Range of Sight

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-theriatis, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    currently i maxed all Settings out and i still get those annoying "popping up out of nowwhere" Creatures, Buildings, Trees eg. if i'm running or flying toward a Target.
    Is there a way to turn that up (through a direct *.ini Modification) ?
    Regards, theriatis.
  2. ARCHIVED-Britefire Guest

Did you show the advanced potions, and increase render distance there?
  3. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Yes.
    Advanced Options, maxed out everything.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Your issue is how quickly the server tells your client to spawn said actors on your screen.
    If you network connection has low latancy, there is simply nothing else you can do other than wait for SoE to get faster servers.
  5. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Might also help if you up the number of models rendered. These might just affect actual player characters & NPCs using those models but doesn't hurt to try it.
    Those sliders are located down in the "model detail" section of the display options.
  6. ARCHIVED-Merodos Guest

I have the same problem. Currently on a budget so I can't deal with it immediately.
    A better connection is a good place to start as was mentioned.
    Without knowing the specs of your computer, I can only say that not only should you have at least 4 Gbytes of ram but should also be the fastest ram your computer can handle. A faster CPU that'll be able to keep up with the rendering of said objects would be a no-brainer.

You could try this trick if it applies to you from the Performance forums, but you do so at your own risk:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=506883