Random slow zoning

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Drumstixx, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Drumstixx Active Member

This has been happening for years, with default UI and custom UIs.

Randomly you'll start getting the "Loading UI resources" screen and it gets stuck, and every time you zone until you either A) restart EQ2, or B) camp to yourself/another character.

alert.txt in the EQ2 folder reads:

build="SOEBuild=9489L" version="SOEVersionString=2012/12/13 11:04:02" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="fprt_guildhall_tier1" loc=" -3.23 4.01 17.05" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\GameScene.cpp(5808): Loading UI resources timed out after 10 seconds while still had pending examine requests"
  2. Daray Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get this long pause at 'Loading UI Resources' too on my main, and it has been happening for years too. It isn't an issue on any of my alts.

Not sure if related, but I also get a client lockup for 1-2s on my main when joining groups/raids. Again this isn't an issue on any of my alts.
  3. Drumstixx Active Member

I believe the grouping hang is due to character data being shared... Perhaps the older the character (more developed character) the more data is loaded and shared.

I'm not sure if it's the same reason for zoning, but it's quite an annoyance, especially during raiding if you happen to zone a lot or Evac. Even an Evac will cause the Loading UI Resources hang once it's starts.

The thing is it doesn't always happen. As stated above, once it starts, it doesn't stop until you apply A or B's "fix" from the original post.
  4. Tanktop Member

Interesting Drumstixx, i found that i got it when i minimize the game in windows