Rallic Pack/Grimling Runner

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Finora, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

So each server uses the same seed #?

Edit: I mean for all characters on that server. Probably wouldn't matter if every server used the same number as well, if that's the case.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

They're no commission.
  3. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's one per character, but I hope it's more than one per server. If it's one per server, that would explain a lot of the lag issues we see. ;)
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

Well...umm...actually... I guess dev would notice sooner or later anyways...

You can have the Rallic Pack replace a bag in the shared bank. Then replace the rallic pack with the bag that was there. Then switch to a different toon and pull the bag out of shared bank space. Then go back to the other toon and craft a new Rallic Pack.

If you have a Rallic Pack in your shared bank, it won't let you craft another one. You need to move it to a character that doesn't have one. I don't know what would happen if you pulled it out of a shared bank on a toon with one already. I think it might not let you place it. Personally I'm not willing to find out.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I think the one seed per server is an urban myth.

Some of my characters are lucky and some aren't. That has been true for 10 years now. Originally I would create chracters and test their luck. If they had a 'bad seed' I would delete and create a new character. So the seed appeared to be tied to the character.

As the years rolled on I noticed that some of the newer functions seemed to not be tied to the characters original seed. I surmise that someone introduced a different seed generator at some point that is occasionally used instead of the original seed generator. But I have no proof to support that assumption.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

They may have fixed that already unless I'm doing something wrong. Since the Rallic Pack is NO-TRADE I was curious how this could work. Emptied it so that none of its' contents would affect anything, put an empty pack into the shared slots, and attempting to swap them produced the error: "You cannot place that item in the shared bank."
  7. Avithax Well-Known Member

I remember this thread when the packs first came out and i have learned recently that the Adventure writs might possibly be interfering with the Tuesday craft questers. The quest 'Kelethin: Withered Husks' asks for 10 kill that are basically right on top of where the runner spawns and a lot of times while rounding up the husks i have been agroed by him.

Making the runner non-agro would be an easy fix for this if it's still an issue.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

But making the runner non-agro removes all danger from the quest. The runner is the only agro grimling. Obviously its agro for a reason. That reason seems to be to give a bit of danger to the crafting quest.
  9. Nooloon Active Member

I've got to say that whoever thinks these "small random chance" inside a quest that only comes up once every week or so makes things fun is as twisted as the twisted homonids.

It isn't fun. It is downright irritating.
  10. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Why is it necessary for a low adventure level crafter to likely be killed over and over trying to finish that daily? I got that quest on my first level 100 crafter (level 95 adventurer). And noticed right away the immediate lack of runners that day. The aggro range on those runners is pretty silly too.

Just make the runners non-aggro, and the pack thing drop reasonably. Would it be so bad for it to be a normal thing to give a crafter early on in the dailies?
    Charlice likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is only one runner and it has a very defined path. It's not hard for low level toons to avoid getting eaten doing the quest.
  12. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Ahhh, so that is it. So if someone farms the runner till he/she gets the item, then all others can't do the quest. Seems kind of dumb. Well, one quest to wait a day on actually doing, like those silly healing herbs. ROFL.

I still think it should be non-aggro, and maybe more than one runner, starting at more than one location would be nice....
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

No. Each time the runner is stunned there is a chance to get the pack from it. It is not one pack per runner.
  14. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

You can even get a back pack from someone else's stunned runner. I know because I have accidentally done it.
  15. Derfel Active Member

If you're bound and determined to knock this one out you can stun the runner, delete the quest if he has no pack, and restart the quest.
  16. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Do it with a friend so you don't have to fly back to the questgiver each time. The quest is sharable, just keep deleting and handing it back and forth until you both have the pack.
  17. Malfaer Member

I've gotten the pack on all 9 of my crafters (one or two may have slipped through the cracks), and only 1 is above adventure level 95. All the others range from 10 to mid-50s. None of them had a problem.

In fact it was most fun when there were like 5 people trying to do it at once. The poor grimling was basically perma-stunned as we all took turns stunning him then flying back to reset the quest. It was kind of nice since we kept him locked down at the closest point to the quest giver, making for a quicker turnaround. Every once in a while one of the high level questers would kill him in the hopes that it would affect the "drop" rate. I'm skeptical as to whether that has any effect, but the respawn is so fast it didn't hurt to let them try.
  18. Meirril Well-Known Member

The runner has something like a 3 minute respawn timer.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's faster then 3 minutes.. though I'm not sure what it is...
  20. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Yes seems to be much faster than three minutes. I've seen him killed as I got to him by the bridge, flew right back to the pit area, landed and runner spawned.