Raising Level Caps

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dojo724, Jul 6, 2015.

1. dojo724 New Member

When new expansions come out, frequently the level caps get raised. I understand many people like playing the same max level characters repeatedly and might be thrilled to have the goal of a new level cap and new abilities. There are some of us, however, who play a character to max level, get our Veteran Bonus for doing that and move on to new characters. I have played my high level characters for years and I am bored with them. I want to start new characters with new classes and build them up to max level. It is incredibly frustrating to start a new character, lose your Veteran Bonus because the level caps were raised, and have to go play the old characters I am bored with all over again just to get the bonus back. In all honesty, I think the next time the cap goes up, I'll just quit playing EQ2, rather than have to play all my old characters again to get them back up to max.
  2. Lamatu Active Member

It's every other xpac the cap usually gets raised and we're not due for another level increase until November 2016. The AoM xpac increase last November was the first time we had more than a two level increase in four years i think.

I really don't think many would agree with you the level increase pace has been too much over the years.

If you wanna know the secret to leveling its running Agnostics over and over again. You can get more than two levels in a fifteen minute run.
  3. Azian Well-Known Member

@Dojo You say this as if vet bonus is a requirement to leveling or a stat that must be capped. It really isn't. It's a nice addition if you are leveling multiple characters but not really needed. If you are bored of characters, let them sit or delete them. It's that simple. Vet bonus is essentially irrelevant if you only want to play one character. (I guess that technically it would speed up leveling green adorns but that is the only benefit I can think of for a single character and something that is overcome BY FAR simply by the fact that you'd be focused on one character rather than dividing your time between multiple toons).

Nothing is preventing you from starting new characters whether there is a level cap increase or not. Decide what you want to play and just play it.

I have characters from ToV that are still at 95. Some of them were very regularly played back then. I don't feel any compulsion to play them if the mood doesn't take me. Just recently (a few weeks ago) I leveled a former 95 ranger up to 100 after betraying to assassin because I wanted to give that class a run. Yes, I had vet bonus now but that did not factor at all into my decision to run up to 100.

For what it's worth, if their past pattern holds true the next major change we would see to our characters will likely be via AAs (new trees, more to spend, etc.) and not a level cap increase.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

As many have stated in other threads, dojo724, concentrate on having fun, and then let the levels take care of themselves. IOW, if your main goal is leveling, then you might be disappointed with the pace; OTOH, if your main goal is having fun, you can do that, and then xp will come at its own pace (unless you lock your xp to 100% AA, in which case it would be converted to AAXP).

Of course, if you would rather concentrate on your levels and get yourself stressed out over them, then you are more than welcome to do so. It's up to you.
    Belenos likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

The level cap was at 95 from November 2012-November 2014. It's currently 100 and will probably stay at 100 for several years to come.