RAIDING MONKS OBSOLETE IN TSO - IMO -

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-mr23sgte, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-mr23sgte Guest

IMO this is the worst AA's we have seen yet and we have now been surpassed by every fighter. My recomendation is betray or roll a new class. The only good points are we got the stun removed from our stun stance and the Brawler Strength Line was reworked, so you can now use it with weapons.
    Beta Monks have posted (aka complained+gave ideas) for weeks with no changes ever occurring...........
    Monk Balance FAIL!!!
    To Start:
    Devastation Fist: 1) Stifle removed, 2) 25% damage on heroics Removed and spell now has upgades Adept III, Master for levels for each tiers. 5 minute Recast now - 4 Min 28 Seconds if you spec Brawler agility line.
    Monk Raidwide was nerfed from 14% to 9.8%
    AA's are garbage, here are a few posts by others in a nutshell this sums it up well:
    Yeah most of the AAs are truly horrible in this x-pac.
    Not getting into the Generals AAs or the Fighters AAs.
    Brawler Tree.
    Taunt Increase : Fine but needs to apply to Dragonrage aswell.
    Raid Buff : Fine.
    AoE Damage : Rubbish, 15% damage increase is crap and the recast reduction is half what it needs to be. Needs to be atleast 5% damage increase, 2% crit increase, 0.2 second recast reduction per point.
    Shocking Hands : This thing is so laughable its sad, 15% dmg increase which is like an extra 30 dmg per trigger, oooh. Well I most spend points on that waste of space. Needs atleast 5% dmg increase, 1 extra trigger per point and 5 points makes it group/raid wide.
    Deflection Boost : Always good.
    Deflection Boost on Mid and Def stances: Fine.
    End Ability : How many damm times most it be said 50% triggers suck before you listen? Needs 30% of Max HP and a recast reduction.
    Monk Tree.
    Peel Increase : Peel needs any help why? Take it out and replace it with DPS or Utility.
    Protection of the Phoenix : Oh come on this AA couldn't be more of a waste if you tried. If you want to give us a Group AoE Blocker Fine, just don't tack it onto to our Group Feign... Take it out and Try Again.
    Bite of the Cobra : Oooh another small increase to 1 CA, wow. Running out of ideas now are we? It needs to imply to ALL Combat Arts. Otherwise take it out and give us something worth a flying monkey.
    Focused Follow Up : Doesn't do what it says on the Tin. It doesn't add an additional Higher Damage Attack when all 5 Hit. Before you spends AA in this. the Art looks something like this.
    300-500 Attack, followed by 4 250-350 Attacks. After the AA it looks like 400-700, followed by 5 250-350 attacks. (yes I made the numbers up as an example).
    Mitigating Blows : Fine but it needs to remove the stun when you spend 1 point.
    Mediative Healing : Who the hell knows, I can't think up anyway to test this AA to make sure it even works let alone find out what it does. Just change it into 3% of Dmg is turned into heals per point.
    Bob and Weave : Just awful, we don't need an inferior Tsunami on a longer recast. Replace it with DPS or Utility.
    Hidden Openings : Really why do we need yet another single target snap aggro.
    Though I don't know why I bothered posting this, you'll just ignore it, like you have been for weeks.
    And another poster opinion:

Peaceful Deception - Reduction of peel and increase on hate from it.

In my opinion, this aa should add group taunt components. With TSO, we already have too many single target taunts. What we really need is group taunt enhancement. Not to say, most TSO content is multple encounters.
    Protection Of The Phoenix - Lowers recast of group fd.Junk, absolutely junk aa. It's useless for raid and group content. Seriously, if you need to fd your group every few minutes, you are in a horrible group. Get a better group >>>>> this aa.
    Bite of the Cobra + Focused Followup
    I am not sure the real amount increased by those aa. Though, the dps gain is tiny since those CA base damage is not much.We can get maybe 5 dps or 10 dps boost overall. Horrible imo.
    Mitgating Blows
    The idea of this aa is ok. But the reuse timer is too long. With spending 5 aa, the reuse timer should be shorten.
    Meditative Healing

It's an average aa for raiding monk but it's junk, another big junk aa for casual monks. The chance of getting hit over 50% hp in group content is so tiny. The threshold should be lowered to 30%-35% to make it usable in practical.
    Bob and Weave
    Is it a joke? It's the worst class aa comparing to all other fighters. What's the point to have this aa? especially it lasts only 12 sec with 4 minutes reuse timer. The duration needs to be extended to 30 sec or reuse timer lowered to 1 minute.

Hidden Openings
    It's another junk aa. Sigh. Sorry to say that but it is really a junk. Why?
    We can reduce the reuse timer of rescue and we get another new single target taunt from the end aa of fighter line.
    We have too many single target taunt abilities in this expansion and 75% of group content in this expansion is multiple encounters.
    Monk has worst aoe damage, least and worst group taunt ability all over the fighters.
    I can foresee TSO is a disaster for most monks as a group tank since they are not going to hold aggro in most multiple encounters. Also, monk gets little to nothing dps boost from TSO aa, when a group is LF dpser, monk is the worst option as dpser.
    I highly recommend that this aa should be changed to a group aoe with similar damage and stun component.

Overall, monk aa is a huge design failure. For designers, you want to classify tanks to single target tanks and mutiple targets tanks, don't forget that mutliple targets tanks can use their multiple targets taunt/aa abilities on single target as well. It makes them overpowered in both single target and mutiple targets in aggro management.

Couching
  2. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

Agree, the ONLY good thing out of it all is the stun removed from Iron Stance. WTF. Look at the SK AAs they are going to be godly.
  3. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Co-Sign. I am very upset at the devs and one particular devs lack of concern for our class. We are now the worst class in this game, this could have been avoided but they didn't listen despite a very strong outpouring of feedback. Prepare to betray or play another class, they killed monk.
  4. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

This person isn't over reacting. Its all true.
  5. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Monks are going to be the new redheaded stepchild of TSO.... we got screwed SOE. I had my monk a bruiser for 2 years, and got tired of getting the shaft, so i made him a monk. Now i'm once again getting the shaft.

SOE, pay some attention to your avoidance class, or take it out of the game. Since eq2 has opened you've demonstrated you clearly have no clue how this class is supposed to fit into your grand scheme of things (lol @ SOE actually having a grand-scheme/plan on anything, it's a giant plug-and-play game).

This being said, I'm tired of being defecated on by the company who's game i pay (!?!?) to play. The class/archetype i chose has been abused and neglected from SOE in regards to PVE and PVP since i started playing.

Thank god my sub's running out soon and Darkfall's beta will save me from this maelstrom of coded caca.

F U sony online entertainment
  6. ARCHIVED-Siatfallen Guest

/co-sign.
    I guess it's time to go and level a useful class now.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

You guys are seriously over reacting, the only thing that is different is that your RW got a slight nerf and the bruiser one got a slight boost.
    Considering you already had the best RW buff in the game, its hardly a big deal.
    Also the nerfed uncontested avoidence from everything but stances and sheilds, both brawlers are getting a singnifcant tanking boost from this in comparison to other classes.
    Considering that you guys pretty much owned bruisers for an entire expansion and you are almost twice our numbers at level 80 because of this.
    Its just a rebalancing, you are no long hands down the best brawler, deal with it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

just cause SOE has s h it all over your class since conception, don't come in here spreading your misery and trying to keep us down in the caca with you Mog.
  9. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    This is such a misconception, monks were only better then bruisers for the short time until Peel got nerfed, the mythical only cemented the deal. Just because guilds were slow to react doesn't mean the monk was better for the whole expansion, in fact bruiser was better for longer during RoK.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    They myth is irreleveant, if your guild can get you your myth, the clicky tsuanmi like ability on the bruiser myth is not that important.
    And please you must be joking about bruisers being the more desired brawler on raids, not a single raiding guild on my server wanted a bruiser for anything.
    Also if you go over the the world wide recruitment forum on EQ2 flames, all of the brawler recruitment for all of ROK was monks, dont try to deny it.
    You RW took a slight nerf and the bruiser one got a slight buff, now the classes are more balance and both classes got a huge buff with the nerf to uncontested avoidence.
    Now the brawler raiding world is no long monopolized by monks, this is a good thing for class balance.
  11. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    My guild ran with a bruiser all through RoK, maybe you just werent good enough?
  12. ARCHIVED-mr23sgte Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    We are "no longer hands down" the best anything -- it goes far deeper than the raidbuff. Wake up!
  13. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Your seriously going to argue this was rebalancing?
    How the hell is putting us at the bottom of the Heap goddam rebalancing.
    Our AA are a bunch of crap.
    Who gives a crap if they nerfed plate uncontested avoidance, they won't suffer from it.
    We are not getting a signifant tanking boost, we are still behind Plate Tanks, we simply now actually have more bloody avoidance for the first time in years. Anyway that matters what? We hardly need help tanking Heroics and we bloody well aren't going to be tanking raids in any significant numbers.
    We have twice your numbers at level 80? Yeah and how many are actual raiding mains, because my guild has aload of alt lvl 80 mythicaled Monk alts. You honestly think with this crap, the numbers are going to rebalance? Hahaha yeah right.
    This is not rebalancing, this is making us bottom of the heap again.
  14. ARCHIVED-apichard Guest

without the right gear monks are the worst tank for group mobs
    without the right gear we cant hold agro while other tanks out there can hold with crap gears
    not all monks are raid geared
    RW buff is only love we have please leave it as it is dont nerf it again
    IF YOU NERF MONK UR NERFING THE WHOLE RAID FORCE including your ASSASSIN
    IF YOU DESTROY THE CLASS UR DESTROYING UR INCOME TOO
    IF YOU WANT TO NERF MONK... FINE GIVE US BACK OUR PLAT AND WE WILL BETRAY TO BRUISER
    /agree with Brother Couching
  15. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

SOE has become too accustomed to crapping on brawlers. What gives?
  16. ARCHIVED-Damurderer Guest

ShinGoku wrote:
    QFE.

The AA's in this ex-pac are horrendous. I already started leveling a zerker.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tazdragon Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    Over reacting ????
    Brawlers get one raid wide buff, the other 4 fighter classes get 2 raid wide buffs. So you would think that all things being equal that the brawler rw has to be twice as good, as who the hell needs a class that only has one buff that helps out others in the raid especialy when it is now no longer as good as it was. It is hard enough for brawlers to get in top end raid guilds as it is
    Equality would be if they are gonna nerf our rw and don't try to argue that is not what they did, then they should give brawlers another raid wide to compensate and bring us on level terms with the other tanks
    Cheers
    Knight Captain Karakka
    Lucan DLere
  18. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

I am speechless. Why nerf the monk? It is one of the most beloved classes in teh MMORPG/fantasy genre. Our raidwide buff was godly, maybe even OP. But nerfing something by 30%??? Then making other fighter buffs godly?

I also rolled a new zerker when I saw how their AA's were working. Their raidwide buff now owns ours, as does the SK raidwide buff. IDK what the bruiser or Pally bring in now for their raidwide buff. I'm sure it's great though.

Unless we became even as far as taking damage goes, I can't see how this xpack is going to be good for us. And you KNOW that isn't happening.
    And I find it comical that our BEST new aa is basically a "fix" for a spell that has been useless since we got it. Thanks guys, you mean I really get to USE a spell after 4 years??? Gee, thanks!
  19. ARCHIVED-jeffdo Guest

Devastation Fist: 1) Stifle removed, 2) 25% damage on heroics Removed and spell now has upgades Adept III, Master for levels for each tiers. 5 minute Recast now - 4 Min 28 Seconds if you spec Brawler agility line.
    Can you clarify what you mean by 25 percent damage on heroics removed? Does this mean it won't do anything on heroics or that it will do full damage?
    Also did they say anything about what the changes to STR would be?
    Lastly can you apply any of these extra aa's to your current trees? And get another 20 in the brawler line?
  20. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

jeffdo wrote:
    It will hit heroics from 6-10k no stifle 2 more minutes added to the recast. In comparision before it was nerfed we could hit a mob for 60k with 3 min recast. STR can now be used with weaps its nerfed some. No you cannot use more aa in brawler line the 60 new aa's will be in the new aa tree.