[Raiding DPS] Enlighten the ignorant

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Xanoth, Jan 17, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Xanoth Guest

just wondering what DPS improvements would be seen from the following:

1) T8 ammo (from t7 summoned or baught)

2) T7 fabled bow (from t6 legendary ot t6 fabled)

3) fully adorned (from none)

4) 100 AAs (from 50)

info would be greatly appreciated and help answer a few questions
  2. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

With all that you have mentioned, you're probably looking at zone-wide parses from 900 - 1200 before, to 1600 - 2000 after...but a lot depends on player skill, combat style, and which AA lines you choose.

There's no way to truly know until you can do it...and there are very few rangers worldwide that have met all that criteria as of yet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xanoth Guest

of that near doubled zonewide DPS what acounts for most of that extra damage?

i've heard t8 ammo being a big help. and logic says a good fabled bow with a nice crit range could go a long way too.

obviously one of the main issues rangers have for "getting there" with raiding is that T7 bows are a nightmare to get hold of, so ranger applicants pretty much start on the backfoot and have a big hill to climb unless very lucky.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

Every class has a big hill to climb to get the maximum out of their character, it's just that ours is steeper and longer.

I have seen parses before EoF came out (so limited to 50 AA's) of rangers parsing 1.7k - 1.8k zone-wide. So draw your own conslusions as to where most of our dps comes from and how we get the biggest boost.
  5. ARCHIVED-Balerius Guest

[IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Apparently INT makes a big differnce too as it affects chance of getting a crit hit (is this right ?)

If so, then putting AAs into INT line, using an INT potion, having INT buffs on your equipment, and grouping with somebody who can buff your INT is going to make a big difference.

What I'd really love to see is some sort of comparison between an INT score of 200, 300 and 400 (for example) to see the difference in DPS. I suspect it may contribute a lot more than all the fabled gear put together, and be a lot cheaper too !
  7. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

Sort of correct. Intelligence only effects spell damage, which in the case of rangers means only poisons and a few other magic based procs.

Intelligence doesn't effect the chance of making a critical hit, however one of the abilites in the Predator Intelligence AA line can increase the chance for spell procs up to 52%.

So combine that AA ability along with high intelligence, and indeed you see a very noticable increase in overall dps.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gryffon182 Guest

Im guessing that the Pierce on that pie chart is auto attack?
    also some of the attacks on there i have never heard of lol, im a 70 ranger and i have all the CA's avalible, are some of them pvp or something?
  9. ARCHIVED-IllusiveThoughts Guest

I've watched the ranger in our guild grow from a mix of treausred/legendary to 90% fabled, with the exception of not having t8 summoned legendary ammo and a t7 fabled bow, from pretty much kos release to now.
    One of the biggest driving factors for him parsing high dps on a zone is his group make up. (and still is today)
    when we first started doing zones like labs 9-10 months ago his zone dps would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 600-690 dps. with 50 aa treasured/leg gear and all adp3 and a few masters.
    as he aquired more gear / masters, his zonewides peaked up to around 1100-1200 in labs, and the shorter the fights became the higher his dps would be. Any single targets that lived around 20-45 seconds he would spike to up to 2k, and taper off as the fight progressed.
    Sooo where is he sitting at now in eof without a fabled t7 bow or t8 legendary ammo fully mastered and 95% fabled? his last labs zonewide parse had him over 1600 dps with 92 aa's.
  10. ARCHIVED-Balerius Guest

All of the pierce is autoattack, with all but about 1%-2% being ranged autoattack.
    The pie chart is from a DT raid, and I play on a PvE server. The spells you may not recognize are either procs from someone else placed on me or from my own equipment.
    The point of the chart is address the OP with some info upon which he might make decisions addressing the questions he posed.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gerdos Guest

This is a good question, except the answer is a little complicated and reliant on other variables. Views and opinions might change from 1 ranger to another and for the most part, most of the views would be right .. as these other variables will give different rangers a different perspective. My own view is:
    1) T8 ammo offers ~150 dps (takes into account bow useage). No hard testing on my part, just a feeling i had and the increase i noticed on my zonewide parsings back in early KoS. Other rangers who've tested it recently and more thoroughly, particularly with EoF can provide a more accurate number.
    2) T7 Bows (longbows in particular) will provide a nice boost. However, different bows will give different results. I consider Bazkul as the worst of the T7 fabled longbows for pure dmg (does not take into account the T8 arrows) and as a minimum requirement to provide solid T1 dps.
    The thing about bows, your haste and dps buff has a direct and major impact. The greater these buffs, the greater the gap for pure dps b/w the various bows. There's a multiplier (of sorts) affect. Meaning, the dmg output wont increase in equal proportion from 1 bow to another bow as your buffs increase. The dps gap begins to widen from 1 bow to another.
    Depending on your AA setup, group setup .. different bows may be more important to some rangers then others. (deserves a whole thread/disscussion on its own) Ranger bow auto-attacks is the single biggest dps provider to rangers, so bows are very important. Making up 25-50% dps on zonewide parsings.
    3. Adornements provide a boost, but not a lot. A lot of different combinations to go with. Improving 10% DPSmob is our best choice, and any item with a neck slot should get it. Most rangers will have this at 20% (MoA and DT reward neck/wrist). Some rangers more. Potentially 50% DPSmod with the right equipment. Re: stat increases, not much changes. +28 to STR and INT for most rangers. 1% crit to ranged per adornement. (belt and gloves for a total of 2%). All up, you could see a 5%-10% improvement to dps on zonewide parsings.
    4. AA setup in my opinion is our most important area to improving our dps. Both predator and ranger AA trees provide a lot of benefits. Your choices will directly impact everything you do, from playstyle to CA and autoattack improvements. None are really wasted and your first 95AA can provide a lot.
    No easy way to break this down into figures, just important to recognise, that your AAs will directly, indirectly impact on everything you do.

Message Edited by Gerdos on 01-19-2007 10:21 AM