Raid zone lockout timers

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Drona, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

It seems they are expiring too quickly and that makes is harder for "casual" raid alliances to progress since you have to kill mobs in tier order (kill t1 to unlock t2 and then unlock t3). We raid 2 night a week and our raid DPS is low so we can't kill quickly but we can kill t2 and t3 mobs. So it will be nice if these zones will remain open bit longer than 4 days(?) so that we can take our time to kill these mobs.

What I am saying is please give us the option to reset the zones and not let them auto expire after 4 days(?).

Also why do we have T1, T2, T3 etc mobs in the same zone? Why not have the T1, T2, T3 zones etc? This means we can just stay in the same zone per raid night and not zone out and have people go LD etc :)

We are getting to point where no one needs any T1 loot but we have to kill T1 mobs so that we can get to T2 bosses. I guess its way to prolong content?
  2. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I actually would like to have the regular raid zones timers reduced to match the 2 day 20 hour timer that the Mythic raids enjoy. It seems the harder the mobs the quicker the zones reset making it faster to gear the higher guilds, but really slowing down the lower casual guilds.

I do agree having a manual reset longer than 4 days would benefit the guilds that would like to keep the zone open longer to save from having to clear mindless trash over and over and work on harder mobs, but reducing the minimum timers would be a double thumbs up.

From a developer point of view it is much easier to script harder mobs in the same zone, saving duplication. At least they did split up the regular T1's and the Mythic T1's o_O