Raid armor need heroic loots to buy.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by busca, Aug 28, 2018.

1. busca New Member

I know that many players are online many hours a day. That is ok to me. I have played eq2 from the start, and raided most of the time. At the moment I only raid, and I am a bit frustrated that I can not use the raid armor from killed bosses. I can use the jewellry from raid kills, but not the armor. I never solo and never join groups.
    Please let the raid armor be usable for players who only raids and seldom are joining groups.
  2. Cragfire Well-Known Member

People that raid can't use raid armor?! 0.o
  3. Daelini Active Member

People who raid can use raid armour but the way it is set up you must do heroic content past Tier 1 armor. You need 30 of each type of stone to make a pristine stone (I think that is the name, not 100% sure and obviously not in game to check). You take the new stone and combine it with an armour mold and that will give you the armour piece. To get T3 you need the T2 armor and more stones...on and on and on. If you do not run heroics, you will have no stones to make the armor and are effectively stuck wearing T1 raid armour.

Of course, if you were being facetious then never mind and forget what I wrote :)
    Mindsway, busca and Xianthia like this.
  4. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. :)
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

@Daelini I appreciate the explanation. Having things explained as to why it's an issue (if not participating in a particular play style) makes things clearer as to what fellow players are experiencing.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Alternatively, you can run the crafting zones. That is how I got the stones for my raid armor.
  7. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello

Deffinetly not !!!

Raid Armor is Raid armor and if you never groupe you missunderstood the game in complete.
    Times are over were you are able to log in for Raid only and get what you need since KA Addon.

Raid is the Highend Gaming of every MMORPG so thier have to be some steps below to get to the HIGH END like Solo Heroic Content, the Ledder or Gaming is Solo > Heroic/Public > Raid T1 until T4 for the Professionals thats how it works.

Progress for Nobody to Somebody only by raid is impossible and thats good how it is.

Raiders need to group as the rest of the Server for getting Acheafments / Requierments for Raid and thats ok this way.
    Actually we need those Gem Stones to buy or set free our Raid Armor buy the way thier are many good and insane Things of Loot from Group Instances like The Charms which could be upgreaded / Ascension Spell Books / Celestial Teachings and many more.

So every one who lives in oldschool gaming like times of T5 T6 or what ever will loose here.

DB Forced Raiders to go for groups an this is a point to ask your self the questen DO I PLAY it Realy Or Do i play for Fun only ?
    To be or not to Be this is the big question.

Helfiren
  8. Memwipe5 New Member

I feel as the creator of this post you are right now pissing all your fellow casual players off.
    Stop and think.Ask yourself the following questions:

1. If you are limited in time and need to get raid ready what is the quickest way to do it?
    A: I dont have gear I want others to gear up to raid level and then give me gear since I dont believe in progression.
    B: I buy all my gear, mythical, shinies for DC neck and mount from kronos, plat etc.
    C: I dont believe in stats, it's all skill based.
    2. If you answered similar to A or C then what is the goal with a game you ask more from then you're willing to give back?

Its harsh, but some of us have seen it alot now at end of the expansion. People raiding T2/3 with 75-85kpotency far from 100fervor and far from 200DC complaining on the game and raiddrops etc.

There is no shortcut, and it's good for the game. As long as we need to do heroics we ensure people with slower pace of gaming can still do their TS mount, DC neck etc.
    And no you dont need to even touch a raid to have 220DC 95kpotency and over 100fervor. Can all be done with heroic loot.

In the past when raidloot was far better than heroic and no DC neck or TS mount was there, heroics was dead after 6months of the game. That was bad for casual players.
    Steelviper and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Your raid armor is better than non-raiders will ever see and it remains that way even if you are not in a raid zone. I have no issue at all with you having to work for your raid armor which is better all the time whether in a raid zone or not, the same as I have to work for my heroic armor that will never be as good as your raid armor.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

because the raid armor is patterns while yes the raid tokens are needed you also need special gems that you can only get doing heroic missions and a lot of them because of the refining process for the gems it takes 10 of the raw gems to make 1 polished gem and 3 polished gems to make 1 finely cut which is what you need to buy the raid armor from the pattern and there are 7 different gems for the 7 different armor slots. and you have ot do this at least twice once for tier 2 and then again for tier 3 raid armor.
    Mindsway likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

The EH, T1, T2 and TS weeklies each give 15 base gems and the heroic zone quests give 2 a piece. It does take SOME time to get them, but it's not a huge time investment.
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

Soh 4 set beats t4 armor. Just saying. Get a cowhelm. Also not raid item. Meta neck. Not raid item. It’s a ying & yang effect. To get to the top you gotta climb.
    busca likes this.
  13. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Honestly I agree with what the OP says, especially since most of my toons are on a dead server and I can't afford to transfer them all. They should have raid weeklies reward a finely cut gem (or at the very least make the gems heirloom), it makes no sense for raid gear to require heroic/tradeskill content in order to unlock them. This also applies to the black adorns that are needed for T4.

There are players that have limited time to play so they mostly just raid, I see no sensible reason to limit their options this way. In an ideal world sure they'd have time to grind out instances as well but in reality there are many who don't.
    Xakrein likes this.
  14. Revanu Well-Known Member

The best current armor is from SoH and the 2 ethereal event items. While it makes sense regarding the OPs intent, t2-4 armor is a joke compared to soh armor.(tho they did buff t3/t4 a minute amount, t4 should be vastly superior to soh imo too but it’s not so ‍♂️) Jewelery/Belts/cloaks are only items in raid that have a modicum of value.

I wholeheartedly agree that it would be a blessing to be able to log in and raid and not have to endure the tedious grinds but that would cripple the day/night time player base on any given server thus hurting the bottom line of the gam.
  15. slica Active Member

Tbh man, just stop raiding and run heroics.. get geared almost as good in way less time...you can hit 105k potency with no raid gear if u have pre-order potency buffs..maybe even a tad bit more.. .good enough for anything at this point :)
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

This has to be a troll post surely.

You can run base heroic zones stupidly quick now. Either put aside 30 mins either side of a raid once a week, or do them while on sitout during a raid...

The days of being a raider who logs in, raids, logs out, are gone unless you want to be a total dead weight to your guild.
  17. Mindsway Well-Known Member

30 minutes to run a weekly? I'd like to see that. On top of assuming you can find a group and don't have to wait hours just to find one.
    busca likes this.
  18. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Using the baseline of extreme outrage expressed by some "crafters", who vehemently resented a crafting achievement that required components obtained from heroic zones:

I hope none of the same folks are voicing opposition to the OP, lest they openly display an absurd degree of hypocrisy.
    Ashandra likes this.
  19. semisus Does not play this game

I would really like if u can make the stones heirloom now , we are approaching the end of the expansion and i have no use for the stones on my main
    However i have a alt i play solo stuff with and he could really use the stones , i got alot of extra hate molds laying around he could put to good use but i dont do heroics on him so dont have the stones.