Raelah's Relaxing Retreat

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, May 8, 2013.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Name: Raelah's Relaxing Retreat
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Leaderboards: Under Medium
    House Owner: My alt Raelah

Here are a few of the pictures. This house was posted before but took it down to fix a couple items then ended up adding extra stuff since it took me so long. Raelah is a wood elf, trouby, tailor. She is very girly girl compared to some of my other toons.

Entry Area
    [IMG]

Music Entertainment
    [IMG]

Sales "Window"
    [IMG]

Tailor Shop
    [IMG]

Spa Area (Hair washing, Waxing, and Hair cutting stations)
    [IMG]

Bedroom
    [IMG]
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thank you for looking at my third house. Here are some more pics of the house. Hope others like it, not just friends being polite. I had this house almost completed waiting on me to learn how to use the editor. No major work with the editor like most people building houses but hopefully it is enough to get people to come view my house in person. My fifth house I am attempting to make a house filled with tinkered items, mushrooms and plushies but long process collecting all the plushies out there. I had to unpublish this house to try to fix issue of people getting stuck in doorways to massage and sauna areas. Had to fix housing portals as well. Was down for a long time then beautiful scarves got added during frostfell so I had to add a display for them. Awesome player-made chest was added and curtains. Couldn't help but add a few more items that were added to game, etc. Spent a long time trying to figure out how to add a hair brush but only got the bristle part figured out....couldn't find items small enough to make the base and handle.

Welcome area
    Please have some refreshments.
    [IMG]

Sales area
    Added Night of the Dead Items and new chest
    [IMG]

Tailor Shop 2
    Added more mannequins, created a cloak and scarf display
    [IMG]

Tailor Shop 3
    Display area including a hex doll
    [IMG]

Tailor Shop 4
    Two dressing rooms which I added hooks for clothing to be hung up.
    [IMG]

Spa Entrance
    Added player-made chest, more pictures
    [IMG]

Spa Waiting Area and Sales
    [IMG]

Sauna
    Hard to get a good shot of this area, the bench seating is much bigger
    [IMG]

Massage Area
    Added a bristlebane day item that changes how you look
    [IMG]

Shower
    This is part of the massage area. Added hooks to hang up clothing outside the shower.
    [IMG]

Hallway Upstairs
    This area hasn't really changed much. Leads to the bedroom, private bath, office and living area. Tribute to trees since Raelah is a woodelf.
    [IMG]

Living Room
    Not much changed here.
    [IMG]

Office Area
    Added Raelah's Enervated Weapon with a big thanks to Bullshift and Juggernaught for helping her obtain it. Few other trinkets/books added as well.
    [IMG]

Private Bathroom
    [IMG]
  3. Afista Well-Known Member

You have a skill at accessorizing, something I agonize over. All of your little details bring this retreat to life. I love how you did the spa tables. Nice work!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. VeilShard Active Member

ooh the massage area looks inviting, Where do I make an appointment?
    Tenchigirl15 likes this.
  5. Alanducar Active Member

This does feel like a place a person could relax in :) wouldn't mind taking a spin in there and getting pampered for a bit :p
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the comments.
  7. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

very nice! love the massage room. ;)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, about the hairbrush idea: wasn't there some instance, perhaps either the Estate of Unrest or one of the many versions of Nektropos Castle, where you could pick up a recipe book for house items? They were really nice, like what you'd find in a swanky NPC house: a baby crib, vanity with items on it (if memory serves), a baby rattle, etc....I can't recall offhand, but I thought there was either a separate object like that, or a bathroom vanity, for example, that came with stuff like that on it, once you built the item. ;->

EQ2Traders has a great selection of screenshots of the items; under Furniture->Knickknacks, if memory serves ... ah. A History of Exotic Furnishings is the Carpy book. ;)

And yeah, it's from the Estate of Unrest. :-/

Fortunately, it's Brokerable! :D

If you have an idea for the bristles, you might want to make/buy a Baby Rattle from that recipe book and combine the two?

Uwk
  9. Aliavia New Member

I tried making a toon on your server today to see it all in person and could not locate the house on leaderboards or in new halas. was so sad I'd love to see it!!
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

It is on the Leaderboards now in Hall of Fame called Raelah's Relaxing Retreat. Cannot check what number she is currently at since they doing patches currently. If you cannot find it, the house is in New Halas the Glacial one (to the right of the tavern like area). If you need help, my main toon is Ocarinah and happy to help if you send me a tell. I have that recipe book from unrest but the rattle will not work as a handle for what I was thinking of. Only thing I could think of that was bristle like was the broom weapon from marketplace but even on a froglok mannequin it is still rather long. I was going to use those new cabinets (Handled Cabinet) to hide the mannequin inside but every side has handles on it so wasn't working to have on both sides of the table. Maybe a future project I can try again but was looking forward to working on other houses at this time. Thanks again! Rinah