Radient Nightmare Flight Wings

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feyhammer, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Feyhammer New Member

These are nice free wings that the Sony has given us. Thanks Sony!

Unfortunately, the highlight color for these wings is Lavender making them, IMO, quite feminine looking.

Would it please, please be possible to exchange these for a pair of wings that have a dark red, or just a black highlight color so that they could be more neutral and applicable to male characters? Otherwise, these are nice but I will likely never use them. I expect many people with male characters feel similarly. Please note I am NOT asking you to get rid of the Lavender, just to add another option.

Thanks, FeyHammer.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I think guys in unexpected colors are hot. Just my two cents. ;)
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I happen to like purples as a color a lot.

There are Black Wings available for SC. Sucks but I guess that's the cost of customization sometimes.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

that's an understatement. i dont mind the wings for my freeblood, looks nice with the new armor from erollisi day.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Eh, seen my character then eh? :oops:
  6. Sambril Well-Known Member

If you have some left over Goblin Games tickets (no new ones are available but old ones are still usable), you might be lucky enough to win a set of the black wings [Nightmare Flight Wings], or if you have enough goblin gold saved up you can use that to buy them instead of SC. There is also a red set [Scarlet Nightmare Wings], but that is only available for SC.

There are of course other types of wings for SC, goblin gold or in game events.
  7. Lucus Well-Known Member

yes i've grouped with you many times on my DPS toons. you are quite large, purple with non-flight wings and a nice purple particle effect.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah that sounds about right :D
  9. Deago Well-Known Member

You must love dirges :p
    Torvaldr and Avahlynn like this.
  10. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Ha! Totally made me laugh. :D
  11. Mahare Member

Unless they make them no trade I don't think it is going to happen. They are Heirloom now. If you could swap them for other colors, if they remain heirloom, what is to stop someone from hoarding them on all their characters, just continually making and deleting alts to trade the wings over?

Besides. They are a very royal purple that go well with the Resolute New Combine armor and the Withered Armor.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  12. Lygerr Active Member

probably too late for them to add a crate option with 2 or 3 color choices.
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

real men wear lavender!
    DreadRoberts and Avahlynn like this.
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

No, real men wear whatever the heck they want to wear. :D

On topic, while it would be nice to have been able to choose the color, there are several other ways to get differently-colored wings, so at this juncture, there isn't much of a reason for them to change it. Especially given that the RNF wings were essentially free.
    Belenos likes this.
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

whatever happened to receiving a GIFT and saying thank you? I hope you all get socks for Christmas! :mad:
    Mystfit, Torvaldr, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  16. Mozil Active Member

"THESE colors are for women and THESE colors are for men!" is this really a thing people still do? Besides, purple is the color of royalty. I have no problem putting the wings on any male or female character - at least, as long as I can find them a sweet matching outfit to go with it. My main has some black and purple suit that I think I got from crafting quests or a crafter merchant somewhere, he looks GREAT with that and the wings on and I ain't sorry.
    Torvaldr, Charlice, Belenos and 3 others like this.
  17. DreadRoberts Active Member

Have had much the same reaction while reading over the complaints. Except for the socks bit, because good socks are awesome. :D
    Torvaldr, Charlice and Spindle like this.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I hope to get socks, because some of my current ones are developing holes, so they'll definitely need to be replaced by the end of December. :eek: :D

TBH, the only person really complaining was the OP.

My post (the on topic portion) was merely replying to the OP, conceding the point that it would have been nice to get a selection (and it would have been nice, but that doesn't mean that I'm complaining that we didn't get a selection - I'm happy that we got a free flying mount), then pointing out to the OP that there are plenty of other ways to get wings, so if the OP truly wants a different color of wings, the OP can pursue one of the other avenues available to obtain them.

Estred's initial post isn't really complaining (or at least not the way I read it); it is more along the lines of: "Sucks to be you, if you require a different color of wings, but that is the price you pay for being finicky."

Sambril's post is just pointing out some of the different ways that someone can acquire the different colored wings.

Lygerr's post seems to be saying something along the lines of "OP, the free wings are in-game already, so it isn't likely that they will change it to a crate with several different choices."
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

Well I have no women characters.

I've got the wings on all my toons currently and I will be definitely keeping them on the evil, dark armored characters. My bruiser, inquisitor and SK look really good in them.

The rest don't really suit the wings but hey, it's a freebie.
  20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I do echo the THANK YOU for the free wings.

I also might add that I previewed them on one of my Ratongas, and she was suddenly reminiscent of one of those flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. Definitely won't be equipping those wings on any of my Ratongas in the immediate future. My Sarnak...they might actually look good on that toon.