Race to trakanon merchant replacing BIS gear

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Yards, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

I was looking at the stuff on the new High Merhcant of IK, and it seems like a lot of the items on there are going to be upgrades to current BIS raid pieces. The green adorns that were introduced like a month ago have already been upgraded, the new cloaks are better than class cloaks for the most part, the left side armor pieces have higher cb and pot than current hard mode raid stuff, jewelry is better than current jewelry with the exception to the new ethereals being a slight upgrade. Why is everything being upgraded on like a 1 to 2 month rotation, there is almost no point to raid or even play anymore as everything is being upgraded before people can even get the pieces they want and if they do get them they are only keeping them for a few weeks before having to try for the next best thing. What ever happened to BIS pieces lasting a whole expansion? Everything being upgraded on like a 1 to 2 month rotation is just terrible, but maybe I'm the only one that thinks this.
    -Soteria-, Therein, Dude and 12 others like this.
  2. Daray Well-Known Member

Good post, and is exactly how I feel about itemisation this expansion.

Lol, that typo is actually in-game.
    Dude, Pehter, Prissetta and 1 other person like this.
  3. Xper Well-Known Member

never has raiding been more pointless. i'm done. not specifically because of this, but just because of basically every single thing that DBG has done this expac.

the eth missions are good, but too little too late, and only addresses one of their spectacular *********-ups
    Jaden, Dude, Pehter and 1 other person like this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

+1 from me, and I suspect 95% of my raidforce.
    Darkon, Dude, Xyno and 4 others like this.
  5. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yes i agree with you, the only thing i can think of is most of the people (who don't raid) get bored with running the same zones, and they drop their sub about 2 month after expansion. But this way everyone wants to have a gold sub. Today morning already krono prices were already up by like 50k on my server compared to yesterday morning.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. jasonx Member

I came here to say the exact same thing. This is beyond ridiculous.
    Dude, Pehter and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. nooooooo Member

Agreed. And even worse is you have to start all over on a new (temporary) event server to be able to get these items on your main server. Worst idea since this game launched in 2004...By far...
    Dude, Pehter, Poemaon and 1 other person like this.
  8. Enigma Active Member

Man this is terrible...i can't believe what they are doing here but then again they have been making serious mistakes for awhile and the only true redeeming factor they did is the ethereal coins for this summer event.
    Mizgamer62 and Neiloch like this.
  9. Safirah Member

The worst part about this is that you're forced to play on an entirely different server to earn rewards on the live servers. If I'm honestly going to try and get the best gear, I'd stop raiding and go spend all my time on this new server. Unless they plan to tone this down, there's literally no point in doing anything on live servers.
    Xyno, Mizgamer62 and Neiloch like this.
  10. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I can't imagine it working tbh, people will be more inclined to quit outright since even the best efforts to stay 'up to date' in equipment is extremely short term. (~2 months).

Setting aside the unusually high rate they are putting in upgrades; having BiS equipment be available through an event server is pretty silly. Unless they plan to make the next live update have EVEN BETTER equipment and BEFORE people can buy the race to trak items players are going to be rioting and/or quitting at a high rate.
    -Soteria-, Xyno, Cattnip and 2 others like this.
  11. Enigma Active Member

Now basically the only reason to raid on live is to get the zek belt and a aura of immolation myth weapon and myth helms if you can kill kraletus.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. Hardwell Member

It is getting old replacing hear at this rapid of a rate, then they "replace0 the current gear my "updating" it even though you have to re farm it. If they want to just burn out the entire player base they are on a very good course. If we actually want balance to remain scrap this entire event server like I know so many want. Instead throw in more double or triple ethereal coins. At least then people will be focused in the "right" plac now scattered making raiding and grouping impossible on every server once this all launches.
    Dude, Poemaon and Mizgamer62 like this.
  13. Veta Well-Known Member

I understand the frustration in armor, however, that will not be best in slot forever. I feel that this is showing us what future itemization will look like, which could possibly be in the near future. I do not understand why old stats are being reintroduced. Spell ability modifier and combat art modifier? Both of those mounts have the same exact stats, and then there is one with split modifiers, why not just do ability modifier in general like it has been? Saves 5 minutes of recreating another item and generating a name for it.

The most game breaking thing I see that could be considered very strong is the Essence of the Undying. It costs 1 ethereal undying token, which I am going to assume goes to the winner(s). This item will always be good unless they make better versions of it in the future. I am not a big fan making best in game items coming from easy stuff on live, but now best in game is coming from raiding old rehashed content, that was good at the time, but now horrendously imbalanced. I'd rather it be an event on live server and reward those that kill trakanon first per server kind of like the old days when mobs rewarded with artifact items.

I can see it now. "Does x app have persistence clicky?" "No?" "Well guess you are sitting tonight while we run y raid over again."
    Silzin, Beee and Mizgamer62 like this.
  14. Entropy Well-Known Member

Depending how plentiful the copper/silver/gold currency tokens are from that server, the rate of item entry into the world on Live can be controlled. Giving people the option for a few upgrades here and there isn't a terrible thing. I'd still VERY MUCH prefer that it wasn't tied to a "you need to invest a ton of time on a race server that you wouldn't otherwise care about" mechanic, but hey, maybe we can try it out for a few months and see just how horrible it is before we come to a final judgment.

However, if that ethereal reward ("your raid force never has a lockout timer again") goes live in its current form, I am absolutely done with this game. I don't doubt that the dev team has good intentions, but their actual execution of itemization, class balance, and mechanic tweaking over the last ~year has been flat out amateurish. I could write a g!%#*$m 10 page point paper on why that No-Lockout item, tied to a server like Trakanon Race, is ridiculously bad for the health of an MMORPG community. I'll leave it to the rest of you to wargame that out and ponder what the first/second/third order effects of that mechanic would be...
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Yards Well-Known Member

This idea is terrible, itemization has been terrible, I don't need to wait and see. As far as the zone reset item, it has a 14 day cooldown and reads as player only so I would assume the whole read would need one, and even then you can only use it once every ~2 weeks.
    Dude, Pehter, Enigma and 2 others like this.
  16. Ellimist Active Member

Can't believe the rewards are on live. Its kinda crazy. I mostly solo and with the gear the way it is adv solos are zero challange. Just mass pull the rooms and it takes maybe an hour to get through the whole 6 tot zones and an extra half hr for SK. and its boring to boot.

I'd really like some new content and quests that actually take time to complete but I don't think its going to happen. This gear and the new server is taking dev time away from giving us new better content. And the gear replacements make raiders annoyed and soloer's like me bored.
    Dude and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Desmona Member

You guys are blowing the eth lockout item a little out of proportion. At best it gives you one extra clear per month assuming everyone has one, which more than likely they won't.

I also seriously doubt you'll be able to get enough currency to replace every slot.
  18. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Hello Daybreak,

that's not really your serious or? Just about everyone is against this new event server especially after you've scrapped our localized servers.

As a result of criticism from the community to the new servers you try, so now the community to bribe with better items, so that we find it's great? Not a good idea!

I for one am not corrupt and I think a lot of players of the community will agree with me here.

Put up your development resources better in the existing things and bug debugging, an stable client under Windows 10, a 64-bit client and the like, rather than in useless rare extreme servers. Nobody needs and wants a rush and wipeout server and so on.
    Xyno and Beee like this.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I miss the days where;
    • BIS Solo gear came from Solo zones.
    • BIS Heroic gear came from Heroic Zones.
    • BIS Raid Gear came from Raid Zones.
    Now;
    • BIS Solo gear comes from a Merchant in ToT.
    • BIS Heroic gear comes from Key Quests + Merchant in ToT + RNG.
    • BIS Raid Gear now comes from playing on a totally different server for a limited time period.
    Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to make BIS items for Live servers, come from a temporary server. Why should we even bother playing on Live? You replace our gear every 2 months, and then you expect us to play on other servers to get better gear.
    There have been some beyond ridiculous decisions lately, but this one really does top them all.
    Dude, Ishuna, Xyno and 6 others like this.
  20. lumi New Member

So any dev wanna comment/confirm this is whats gonna happen ... i for one will quit if this is how its gonna be .. why are you devs making all the wrong choices latly huh ?? hey radar maybe you wanna bookmark this thread also .. carry on...keep pushing us away with all these crap decisions.

At this rate the game will be dead in about a month or two.