Quick Inqury

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jockey79, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Jockey79 New Member

Hi, I'm returning to the game after many, many years and have seen how there are lots of account features in the cash shop.

I was looking at buying the Chaos Descending expansion to start me off, but wasn't fully sure what exactly that unlocks. Do any of the account features unlock with it, or is it just the story quests/areas?
    I have tried to search this information up, but lots of conflicting or very old information seems to come up.
    Some say Mercs will unlock, some say other races unlock, some sites say only what is on the Chaos Descending page info unlocks and nothing else.

So what exactly do you get with the expansion (+previous expansions)?
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. parissa Well-Known Member

It will unlock all expansions up to chaos descending... Mercs unlock now starting with purchase of AoM expansion, which is included with CD... The races and BL/Channeler you would still have to purchase... If you buy the standard edition you get a 110 lvl boost token and I think that's about it... If you purchase the other higher end ones you get mount and merc... Hope this helps... and welcome back
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Jockey79 New Member

Right, got it.

Yes to mercs with CD, no to races.

Thanks, much clearer than the old, dusty threads Goggle was throwing at me. lol.

(forgot to ask about classes, but I'd assume they are the same as classes)
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

If you're new to the game, then before you use the level 100 bauble that comes with the expansion, try out some of the classes to see which ones you like. Not everyone likes or is good at every class; you should play something that you enjoy playing, or you won't want to play.

You should have a little time to do this before the next one comes out, and this one is no longer on sale.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa and 2 others like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You will not be able to make Freeblood or Aeryken, Channeler or Beastlord, those are the races and classes that are separate purchases. You will also not get reforging that is from Age of Discovery which is a feature pack and is where the mercenaries came from, that is a separate purchase as well.
    Soara2, Xianthia and Breanna like this.