Quick BeastLord questios.

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-Whatley, Dec 18, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Whatley Guest

Hey guys,
    Just coming back to EQ2 from a very long break, been a couple of years. I am starting fresh with a beastlord. I have a couple of questions, yes they are noobish but I hope someone can give me a few quick tips.
    Question 1) What is a GM pet?
    Question 2) Do the different pets have to be leveled up individually?
    Question 3) Does anyone have a decent pvp AA setup they could point me to? I am very new to the EQ2 AA's to begin with, let alone the beast lords.
    Question 4) I have heard about the Beastlord epics being found, does anyone have pics? Curious to see what they look like. Also what level can the quest be done/started?
    Any advice would be awesome, thanks in advance guys.
  2. ARCHIVED-Krazaak Guest

Whatley wrote:
    1) Grandmaster pet, as you use advantages/primals with your warder in combat, they gain affinity with you. As they do, they level up slowly, culminating in you gaining a new advantage or primal once you level them up completely. Technically, it's one level past grandmaster, but I haven't seen a different term used.
    2) Yes, you level up whichever warder you're currently using.
    3) No idea on PVP AA.
    4) Epics have been completed, it's a very long quest. Not sure if it's possible to start before 90, but you'd likely stand no chance of success anyway.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

Whatley wrote:
    Welcome back!

1) The pets level similar to how there are different spell levels. You start with an appretice pet when you tame it. The first combat usually levels it to Journeyman. From there, there a total of 6 levels ending with a new primal ability for you. It takes between 1500 and 1700+ encounters of gaining affinity to get all the way.
    2) Each pet has it's own level. Do some research to see what pets you want to level up, there's a chart in one of the eq2flames forums with which slot each goes in. Also check out eq2wire and eq2zam for some more guides.
    3) There are very few AA setups out there, and even those few are pve. You'll probably want to follow those with points moved into any mit increases you can get.
    4) The Epic has been found, it's a level 90 quest requiring well geared/coordinated groups to complete. There are links over on eq2flames that you can paste into EQ2 to see what they look like.

Best of luck!