Quick Agro on my Warlock

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Abner, Aug 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Abner Guest

My warlock got to level 60 and I upgraded my gear, much of it with reactant gear. Now, when I cast a spell to pull a mob, the mob will agro on me as soon as I start casting. It's on me before I can root it or hit it with a spell. Also, cataloging a mob, even a non-agro mob, will cause it to agro on me.
    This is my sixth toon and I've never seen this behavior before. Is there any effect on any gear that would cause this? Since I don't know of any, I figured this is a tech support problem.
    I checked with another toon and there was no problem, so it seems to isolated on this one.
  2. ARCHIVED-Azomonas Guest

I'm thinking your new ranged weapon must be causing your ranged autoattack to start. Unlike a bow, it won't "delay" if you're still casting a spell/combat art and can potentially fire right away. The catalogue creature thing seems unusual, but I can't recall the last time I used that ability on one of my toons with a wand. Try /setauto 1 (to set forced melee autoattack) and see if that fixes it.

Good luck!
  3. ARCHIVED-Abner Guest

Thanks for the suggestion. I was skeptical but it worked. I don't get any damage from my wand now but it never seemed to do any anyway. Since I haven't had any problems with previous reactant wands, I have to hope it's only a problem with this tier.
    I put in a /bug report a couple days ago, but I suppose they're busy with fluff like soemote.