Quests and their Incorrect difficulty classification

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Kenajisan, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Kenajisan New Member

Hi All,

I'm a quest-a-holic, that's what I do when I'm logged in. I grab any that are available to me and I read each one. don't judge,

Anyway, my journey through level 1-25 was quite enjoyable, some of the storylines have been really captivating but now I've hit 30 I'm starting to find some of the quests are ramping up the difficulty, which I happy with except some of them are just impossible for a solo player to progress...that's because I'm having to take on heroics at stage 2 or 3 of the quest line. even though the quest has not been labelled a Heroic level quest.

What is the point of this other than I'm wasting my time leading up to this point? it can be quite aggravating to be honest.

I already decline offers of Heroic and epic quests from quest givers so the quests that a left are the ones I should be able to do on my own. If I wanted to group, I'd do heroic Quests by choice.

Is there a way I can get info to the dev's on quests like this so they can correctly labelled their difficulty for future players?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) What quality is your armor and equipment? If you just have on Treasured trash you picked off of dead bodies, it's not going to be as goo as if you would go out and harvest as you go, then have the rares made into Mastercrafted armor, weapons, and jewelry. Also, armor and gear is only good for 10 levels, after which it "greys out". If you are 10+ levels above the level of a piece of gear, you get no benefit from it, you have to upgrade.

(2) What quality are your spells? The ones you get automatically are Apprentice. A Scholar (Sage, Alchemist, or Jeweler, depending on your class) can make you Journeyman level spells with just common materials, or you can get the rares and have Expert level spells crafted.

Think of Apprentice spells/combat arts as being like a pea shooter. Adepts are like a slingshot. Experts are like a shotgun. Above that are Master spells, which are like a cannon, and so on. Upgrade your spells to Expert, at least your most important ones. If you are a magic user, this is even more important.

(3) Are you using good quality food and drink? Crafted food comes with stats on it, and can last up to 5hours. You want to be using food/drink that's a tier up, so if you are level 1-9, use level 10+ food/drink, level 10-19, use level 20 and so on.

(4) If you are a scout, are you using good quality crafted poisons? You can use several types at a time.

When you up your game, then those tougher Solo quest mobs are smashable.
  3. Ephras Active Member

4. Melkior Well-Known Member

Do you use a merc? A merc will make most heroic quests doable at low levels as well. That may increase your enjoyment as it will open up a LOT more quests to you. Some of the heroic lines have good stories.