Questions

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Valdis, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Valdis New Member

Valdis
    So I have been playing a enchanter on EQ1 and really enjoying it so I thought I would try one out here my question is what plays more like the everquest 1 enchanter the Illusionist or corocer And what's a good server all my toon are on fallen gate atm and not really looking for the time lock sever this time around. And and good guides and addons recommendations
  2. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

I read you. I play on all the servers but fallen gate is quiet unless you want end game content, but enjoy the game as you will there is a lot of content to keep you busy enchanters in eq1 are majorly different here in eq2. Hope you having fun and well we don't have many servers to choose from to really compare servers here. its all based off of eq1 Hope this is somewhat of some help.
  3. Twisty Well-Known Member

Coercers are more "help tank" flavor, whereas Illusionists are "help dps" flavor. They're fairly similar to each other for someone starting out - don't get lost in over-analysis paralysis, u can change between the 2 classes later to try the "other side".

I don't know what enchanters currently do in eq1, but 10 years ago they mezzed, powerfed and buffed. both can but no need for 1 here alas, both can somewhat 2 (tho powermanagement mini-game is in flux more so than usual with latest xpac), and do 3. if u can verbalize what in particular is attractive to you about eq1 enchanter gameplay, u can get better-tailored advice.

you dont really need any guides until you hit max level, and by then any current guides are likely to be outdated anyway. just enjoy the game, and by time u feel u want to consult guides, you'll have a much better idea what to look for. eq2wiki is decent one-stop shop, tho some info might be outdated, it doesn't matter. you really don't need anything other to lookup zones within your level range to go to. the only addon you 'd have any use for leveling is eq2maps