Questions How to Use Some of the Player Studio Items

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Robb, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Robb Member

1.) On the Villas has anyone made stairs that work well?

3.) Winter Chateau items have no way to get inside them?

4.) The New Clock Tower Items, I am confused on how to use them.

I love these items but if anyone can give me tips, post pictures in the forms or even a house to visit that would be really appreciated. Thank you.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

1) I absolutely love those villas! That being said, I really do wish that the villas had come with stairs already inside them. That would save me so much item space and frustration. At the very least, I wish pre-made stairs had been made for them that I could place inside and match the decor. I've found the floor height on the first floor and second floor aren't the same, so it would have to be two different flights of pre-made stairs made, one for each floor height.

We do have the marketplace pre-made stairs. They're not a match for the villas' colors, and you have to resize them to get them to match to the two different floor heights. If you're like me and want a perfect width match to the available opening, this means sinking the side of one of the stairs into the wall. (Thankfully, the villa has a thick wall, even though it has a paper thin ceiling.)

I have made stairs for them using white marble stairs for treads and sandalwood railings as risers, which is how I know that the floor heights are different. Unfortunately, I had to dismantle the stairs and replace them with a ramp to save on building block space. Otherwise I'd show you a picture of them. instead, I can show you this picture, which is the same style of stairs I built for my villa, just different colors.

[IMG]

Jazabelle has some excellent tutorials on how to make stairs. You can use stairs, a combination of stairs and rails (as treads and risers), half blocks, anything really. I'd recommend looking up her tutorials on building stairs if you're unsure how and where to start.

2) You can get inside Winter Chateau blocks with a teleport pad. Otherwise, nope, you can't get inside... which is a crying shame. It would be so nice to have round tower rooms you could go into without a telepad. Rather than buying the rooms, I buy the walls. Then I can slap the roof up top and decorate inside without the use of telepads.

3) The Clock Tower walls are exactly what I was just talking about. Instead of rooms that you can't get inside, they're walls you can use to frame out a room. Then you can get inside to decorate that room. It's just like using dividers to build a room. Just piece them together in the shape and size you want, and then you have your room!

I don't have the Clock Tower pieces, but I do have the Magnificent Castle pieces, which I also adore. Minus the fact that there's no Magnificent Castle door, they work just like the clock tower pieces. Here's an example for a house I'm currently working on. I haven't floored or decorated it yet, but you can get an idea from it at least.

[IMG]

I hope that answers your questions. Happy decorating!
    Feldon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Robb Member

Thank you so much!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Are the Clock Tower pieces on EQ2 Furniture yet? Or maybe I should just go look myself... X-P

Uwk