questions from a starting noob =)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by missymaria, Dec 19, 2014.

1. missymaria New Member

hi there

I want to start out enjoying eq2 but I have a couple questions, is there any server and guild I should join to get into raiding once I'm ready? is there any danger of eq2 closing? don't wanna buy the exp for wasted money's =(.... apart from a account and expansion is there anything else I need to sink my fangs into this game?thanks
  2. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I can answer the possibility of EQ2 closing I think. The answer is no. I mean, all MMOs come to an end at some point (yes, even WoW will), but in the near future? No.

If you are new though, there is no reason to buy the expansion until you are ready to adventure in it. Which is level 95-100. I would definitely purchase mercenaries though unless you have a group of people you will be running with. But if you want to solo some of the heroic content, you will want a mercenary. Those also come in a pack (forgot name off hand) in the store that also comes with other features, so you may want to look into that cause buying the pack is cheaper than everything separately. It used to be called Age of Discovery but I think they changed the name of it in the store.

Hope that helped some.
  3. ingenius Member

might also consider becoming a multiboxer depending on the money you wish to sink into the game per account later in the game but you can always box till your at max level and it helps to learn all sorts of skills and classes, currently 6 boxing free to play content it is not nearly as simple as world of warcraft though but im having a blast
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

EQ2 is not closing any time soon. Maybe the player base is a bit spread thin but there are more than enough to continue the support of the game that it won't be closed. For raiding, all servers have raid guilds but Antonia Bayle and Freeport are the largest servers.

I agree with Ingenius, it's highly advisable that you get a Mercenary to help you solo or find some people to join with you. Alternatively you can try to find a low-level guild to grow with.