Questions about Character Development (Not AA's)

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-zDocWho, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-zDocWho Guest

Hi,
    I am very new to EQ2 and ofc the illusionist. I have just hit level 10 and need to make some decisions. On the Character Development tab of the Character Development & Achievments window I have some questions (soloing build):
    1. For Character Traits do I go full Clever for maxing INT or some other combo?
    2. In the Illusionist Training section which spells should I be looking to select at the various levels?
    3. I have chosen Erudite as a race which Erudite Traditions should I go for first? (soloing build)
    4. I know I can respec the AA lines what about Traditions, Traits and Illusionist Training spells?
  2. ARCHIVED-stercesderised Guest

Bump for myself. I'm a noob to EQ2, and really want to make sure I'm making an informed decision here. I'm really surprised no one has responded to this thread in over a month...
  3. ARCHIVED-raull Guest

Hi, im somwhat new to illusionist also, but have been playing game for a while. Int is a good thing to start with, you'll problby have it as a choice for your erudite traditions, also, get it with your class training skills.
    after that its kinda of a personal choice, i try to find the ones that will help me out the most to start, on some of my characters i have a choice that gives +2% to mele and spell crits, or stuff that may give a speed bonus. on some of the races they have a tradition that gives +50% speed bonus in and out of combat for 30s. if you have that, its a grate get out of danger quick card, with a re use timer of 5 minutes, very nice.
    some of the other traditions are more a mater of personal choice, such as the + to various resistance, i jstu pick one like cold or heat, whatever i feel like at the moment.
    yah, it can be kinda hard to figure out what to take, so basicly look for any thing that can help your class, hence intelegence, or +'s to spell casting. or that can help your survivaliblity like what i mentioned earlier with the speed bonus.
    and if somthing just looks like fun (like the arasi type races and there float) shure why not.
    well hope this might have hellped you some.
  4. ARCHIVED-Belizarius Guest

zDocWho wrote:
    1. Personally, I went for Int (more spell damage), Health (survivability) and Noxious resists ie Poison or disease. For some reason I usually seem to have plenty of heat/cold gear if needed, and we get our own Arcane resist buff.
    2. In the long run it won't matter much, your choices are usually irrelevant 14 levels later. So, don't stress out that your character is doomed if you make the 'wrong' choice. Pick whatever seems most useful to you at the time. It depends a bit on play style anyway. By the time it really matters (eg 70+) you should know enough to make the 'right' choice.
    3. Don't know anything about Erudites, sorry.
    4. Yes