Question on Purchasing Planes of Prophecy

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by KlownKefka, Sep 1, 2018.

1. KlownKefka New Member

I'm a veteran returning after a very long hiatus (last time I played was when you could still buy physical copies of the expansions, lol), and I'm enjoying myself. I'm still VERY new as a returning member (level 19 currently), but I was looking at the Planes of Prophecy expansion.

IF I get into this hard and decide I want to purchase the expansion, does the cost of upgrading from like the Standard to the Collector's and Premium editions cost the same? Like if I buy the Standard for $40, then upgrade to the Collector's edition, Would it just be the $55 difference? And then if I decided to go Premium, would it then be another $50? Or are you only able to buy one and are locked out of upgrading?

Also, the benefits listed for the Collector's and Premium editions, like the Augury Harbinger mount, are they /claim for all characters or just one?

Thanks for answering. If I do get back into this hard and go all in, I turn into a cosmetic hunter so I'll want the extras from the Premium eventually. Just wanting to know if I can get the Standard and upgrade later without it costing extra.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

If you buy one version and then decide to upgrade you only pay the difference.

On the page where you can purchase the expansion, scroll to the bottom. It tells you exactly which rewards are "Claimable once per character" or "Claimable once per account."

As a side note, there is a new expansion coming out in Novemberish. The current expansion usually goes on sale shortly before that so if you want to buy the base expansion and upgrade later, you will save some money.
    Saw-Lau, flameweaver and Cyrrena like this.
  3. KlownKefka New Member

Thanks!

If the expansion comes out, will I be able to upgrade to a premium edition of the current expansion at a later date if I choose?
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Nope. Once the new expansion comes out all the previous ones are included, but you'll never have access to the premium editions again.
  5. KlownKefka New Member

Thanks a ton!
    Dude likes this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Dude said it all.
    Rosyposy and Dude like this.
  7. Saw-Lau Member

Rosyposy and Dude like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Saw-Lau and Dude like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Replying to my own post as Roxxlyy stated in the AB/SH merge thread in another sub-forum that it should be on sale for about a month but at least through the end of September, she did not have an exact date.
    Saw-Lau, Rosyposy and Dude like this.
  10. Ibadan New Member

Do expansions in EQ2 ever go on sale for DBC? Feel like this was a thing in the past but my memory is really bad. EQ1 player but was curious about eq2, have a barbarian that may be worth dusting off
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

No. You have to buy expansions with real money.
  12. Ibadan New Member

Thanks, Dude.
    Dude likes this.
  13. ArcaneProphet New Member

It's been a long time since I've played as well and just getting back into it. If I purchase the expansion, does it unlock the ability to use Mercenaries without being a Member?
    Saw-Lau and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yes. I bought the standard ed. for my F2P accounts and was able to hire mercs.
    Saw-Lau and ArcaneProphet like this.
  15. ArcaneProphet New Member

That's perfect! Thanks for confirming.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the sale. I'm going to get it for my daughter who had not played for so many years. It will bring hers up to the rest of the family. As for the new one, well we still have to finish KA lol
  17. ArcaneProphet New Member

The sale is live now 50% off, https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content
    Saw-Lau, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  18. iamthednl New Member

Does buying this Xpac provide a one month membership like in the past? Thanks in Advance.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  19. Roxxlyy Community Relations

The sale is live now, and will run through through October 1st, 2018 at 11:59PM PT!

An expansion purchase no longer includes All Access Membership, unfortunately.

Hope that helps!
    Soara2 likes this.