Question on Holy Steed

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-mighte, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-mighte Guest

Does the size of the horse depend on the race of the Paladin? I'm a gnome and in EQ my hose looked like a mineature pony compared to everyone elses. Just wondering if this would still be the case.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tyrusstorm Guest

Due to the way the graphics work, I am going out on a limb and saying that this steed will be sized to fit. I could be wrong though .. sorry if this response is less than helpful

"Duty and Honor Until Sword and Hear Break"
  3. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

Probably. I cannot wait for my Glorfindelish white horse. NOthing less than 1st rate, mind you, for a High Elf.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ajantiss Guest

There are different types and sizes for each race. Some are similar in appearance to others though it seems. My Half Elf's Holy Steed looked like the Dwarven Holy Steed, but much larger (obviously). As someone put it in Beta (a Dwarven Paladin), it looked like a "circus pony" (probably due to the size of the thing, aswell as the dressed up look of it), but it looked fine on my Half Elf. I didn't see any other Holy Steeds in my adventuring to tell you of their appearance, only of what I read.

Message Edited by Ajantiss on 11-17-2004 11:28 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Kriterian Guest

They are indeed racially based. It would be silly to have a troll on a pony or a gnome on a giant warsteed. Fun to look at yes, but it just doesn't fit SOE's vision.
  6. ARCHIVED-Crancemavies Guest

The real question is: Does the size of one's warhorse correspond to the size of their...err..nevermind.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jax Runner Guest

QFE
  8. ARCHIVED-Loden Guest

High Elf here.
    Not Completely white as I imagined it would be but I also imagined all the NPCs referring to me as King :smileytongue:
    Good Size for a High Elf, not as large and muscular as a Clydesdale, more of an average build like a Mustang with a tied off mohawk (obviously to keep the hair from going into the eyes but hey that hair doesn't fall even in the water (don't get too deep :smiley:
    Color was navy/greyish at the hoof becoming light grey at the torso which then fades to white. Well decorated in gold and red trim. Not too soft so no jokes will be made about yas.

Loden
  9. ARCHIVED-Loden Guest

Gave me a blank form when I hit submit which lead to a double post.
    I have yet to run into any other Paladins using their mount. I did however run into many 18-19 Crusaders of just about every good race so your answers should be here shortly. Well if they ever read the boards. I try to avoid them myself.

Loden
    Message Edited by Loden on 11-19-2004 02:37 PM
    Message Edited by Loden on 11-19-2004 02:40 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-HamfistC Guest

Just got out of the bank, where a Human Paladin was on his steed. And yes, it was much larger than my Dwarf Paladin steed. The dwarf steed really does look like a pony.
  11. ARCHIVED-Muggum Guest

Are the steeds fast?
  12. ARCHIVED-Riowyn Guest

Some pics would be nice *cough*nudge*cough* :smileywink: I'm really looking forward to being a paladin, though; what does the human's steed look like? *drools in anticipation* (I can't play the game yet so I have to haunt the boards and bug everyone for info. :smileyvery-happy: )
  13. ARCHIVED-Jeddak Guest

Go out to the thundering steps where many folks are at least 20. In 5 minutes there today I saw 3 paladin's mounted and one sk on blackburrow.
  14. ARCHIVED-Darkith Guest

They look like the Eldar Steeds in the Eldar Grove. I'll try to remember to take a screenshot tonight.
    Message Edited by Darkith on 11-22-2004 07:16 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-ChrisM Guest

Dark Elf female paladin here. JUST got 20 and my holy steed. went right next to a half elf on his and it's the same size. I can live with it only being a cosmetic thing, I'll get a real horse with the movement buff later when I can afford one, but my big complaint which bugs the heck out of me right now is that my holy steed has a magical field around it that prevents me from touching it. Literally. I float about 8 inches off it's back and my legs are about the same to the sides. It just looks ODD. never seen this on anyone else, but I've confirmed in the game that others see me floating off it's back as well.

Ya I know, a DE paladin prolly shouldn't be touching a holy steed, but still...

(I've bugged it in game, but for anyone else that's a DE female paladin I'd be interested in knowing if this is happening to you as well)
  16. ARCHIVED-Divine Illumination Guest

ROFL you gnome, dwarf and short stuffs out there - those are not steed :) they are donkey and mule :smileyvery-happy:
  17. ARCHIVED-Weldon_Wulfgard Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Darkith Guest

19. ARCHIVED-SaintPeter Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Jeddak Guest

Just got mine today and I didnt' expect to like it (or find it useful) but I must say, " I was wrong!". Love the horse. Seems to run about sprint speed (and no you can't sprint while on it) but the best part is that you can fight while mounted. It's really well done. Only problems I see is that the animation seems sluggish and it's totally silent when it runs (some hoof steps would really add to the illusion).