Question about house item books

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by VeilShard, Nov 5, 2014.

1. VeilShard Active Member

I've decided to become a book collector as my latest eq2 goal and there are several websites that list books but none of them seem complete and also I can't tell from the websites how to get these books and am wondering if there's a guide or source for books(scrolls etc..) that are placeable in houses that is relatively up to date? I don't have a ton of time to play so I don't want to do every single quest in the game hoping for books I'd kinda like to focus on the ones that I know reward books. I have managed somehow to get all the drops from Obelist/perma/cazic and varsoon. But have had zero luck with the 2 from runnyeye and wonder if they still even drop. It's hard to find any info since it seems like this isn't exactly a popular past time for the majority of players:)

I put this in the lore forum but it could also go in housing.. though I am primarily hoping to make a library so I can read and learn lore from my own eq2 home.
    Thanks all
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

Ah books. While they are very valuable for Lore there hasn't been much effort to catalogue anything about them. Unfortunately the most famous collector of books (Alliura?) in EQ2 stopped playing. Nobody has stepped forward to announce themselves as her replacement. She would of been your best resource.

Quests get tracked, but the rewards don't get nearly as much attention unless they are spectacular. Books aren't considered to be spectacular. :p

A lot of the old books came as drops (as I'm sure your aware). If you go through the dungeons in the Shattered Lands content: Antonica, Commonlands (skip the 3 Befallen zones), Nektulos Forest, Thundering Stepps, Zek, Enchanted Lands, Feerrott, Rivervale, Everfrost and Lavastorm. you'll still get books that drop. There are a few dropped books beyond this content, but they become more like collectables than the old quest starter drops that reward a book. You can also pick up a lot of these quest books from the libraries in Qeynos and Freeport. A vendor sells the starter that takes you to one of these old content zones.

After that its going to be very much hit and miss to find more books from quests. Signature quest lines have a large amount of books that get rewarded for doing them. Beyond that I can't make a general recommendation for getting more books other than asking around and...doing every quest you can.
    VeilShard likes this.
  3. VeilShard Active Member

I was afraid of that, Unfortunately due to limited play time I just can't go through all the quests in the game to find books or camp old zones hoping ones will drop if I am not sure it will. Luckily though the wiki has the oldschool ones still listed. Problem is the newer ones don't seem to be tracked anywhere in a concise list.

One round-a-bout way of finding books which seems to work the best for me is to go onto eq2furniture (LOVE this website!) and look under book categories then you can either look at the entire list (I filtered out books I can no longer get..) or go zone by zone and see what books are available in each zone and aim for that. I don't think I would have ever known there were a dozen or so books in forsaken city and nizara without that..

There are books that come with certain classes epic quests which I may never get because making a character and leveling it to almost max just to get a book is a little past my patience level=D