Question about healing warders

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-Gravy, May 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

I have only played a BL up to about level 15. I'm wondering if someone who has really played a BL can help me with this question.
    Thinking about the healing warders like the bear. Zam says a bear can heal, buff, dot, and dd.
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Bear_Warders_(EQ2)
    My question is, does a healing warder act in the same way as a healing merc? Are their effectiveness similar? If I'm soloing with my BL and I have a healing warder, will it heal me in the same way that an Inq merc will heal the person who hired it?
    Or is the mechanic totallly different?
    Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-CleeGrahamx2099 Guest

Absolutely not. The pet itself only has one healing ability and it's not going to be enough for you to stay alive with just that. You have two stances. Feral and Spiritual stance. Your spiritual stance will be less damage but will give you other heals and wards to keep yourself alive along with your pets heal. Your pet has 4 default skills and I believe the warder just cycles through them. Anyway, no, don't make the mistake into thinking it will heal you like a merc. You will need to be in spiritual stance to actually heal yourself.