Quest to be a swash buckler?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Pain Divine, Nov 30, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Pain Divine Guest

Ok, so I finished the quest. But once done he called me a Swashbuckler, gave me a rapier, but I'm still a rogue... do I have to wait untill I'm level 20 to actually be a swashbuckler? Also... I cant use the rapier yet... will I be able to at level 20?

For those wondering, Quest spoilers Bellow:

you must be level 18 to start the quest.
    Go to Queynos Harbor and talk to the halfling in black armor standing on the docks.
    He'll tell you to go sneak around black burrow.
    Go to black burrow.
    Start sneaking and go to the brewers room. (go to where the spiders are, jump in the water, look for the underwater tunnel)
    Walk around the brewers room and watch your Quest window... when it says "Return to talk to..." whatever that halflings name was, you're done
    The go back and talk to the halfling. He'll tell you to go snoop around a meeting in south Queynos.
    Zone into SQ, run through that first gate in front of you. Now, there are 3 rows in SQ. The one on your right is the one you want.
    There are several allys in between the houses... I believe the one you want is the 2nd or 3rd. When you turn down it, it'll be on your left.
    You can tell its the right door because it will highlight like a zone-in would.
    You need Stealth2 and Snoop2... activate both
    Zone in. Both times I entered, the quest piece was in the same place. Go through the doorway in front of you, make a sharp left and head down the stairs. Follow this room all the way around, open the door. In the far corner is a table. Right click the books on the table and chose "inspect" you will either find somthing, or you wont. If you don't you have to zone out, wait 9min and then return. If there are no books at all, I've read that they are sometimes upstairs. When you DO find the evidence, you then need to sneak out... you WILL be discovered on the way out so be ready to sprint.
    Go back to the halfling and talk to him. He gives you a Rapier that has some sort of haste buff.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thundyr Guest

Yes, I believe you must be 20 to actually attain the title. Should happen automatically for you. Gratz, and thanks for the info on the quest... I'll be starting this soon myself!

Viognier, Ratonga Rogue extraordinaire!
    Message Edited by Thundyr on 11-30-2004 07:37 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Bannon9k Guest

I'm level 18 and just finished the quest myself. The rapier skill required to use the item is 95, at level 18 I have 92. so I'm assuming at level 19 you can use the rapier.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bannon9k Guest

My quest was a little different though.

First time I went in I opened the door at the top of the stairs. BAD IDEA...big nasty read guy come beat you down. Had to leave.

Second time I did the quest, the guys on the 3rd floor, the patrolmen, could see me. They could see me so well they saw through the floor and a wall to come chase me down...so dont go near the 3 floor stairs.

Third time I finally succeeded. Went downstairs as the original poster suggested, searched the books and found nothing.

If this happens go back up stairs to the main floor, go up to the second story and there is a small little path you can sneak accross to be ABOVE the door you came in.

All the way at the end of this platform I found a secret movable wall, behind it I found the evidence.
  5. ARCHIVED-ninjaTwitch Guest

I found a much easier way to get the information at the Discreet meeting. Take the stairs on the left and walk the ledge around the stairs of the first room until you get to a secret panel at the end of the ledge. Open it up and there is a chest with the info! Not sure if it is always there but I never even got close to a guard.
  6. ARCHIVED-Buzzlightyear Guest

You will become a Swashbuckler once you hit 20.

The info can be in one of three places: the hidden nook, top floor at the far end, or basement through door on table. Also, if you upgrade your Snoop you will have no problems with this quest.

BTW, I have found that buying weapons that are of pristine quality give you better stats than the quested items do (atleast so far for me they have).