(Quest) The Truespirit's Lament - Gated

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Pixiewrath, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Pixiewrath Active Member

I am at the stage in Nektulos where I enter a hideout to collect axioms.

As I was reading the item description on an axiom-shiny before collecting it, the loot window suddenly closed and the shiny disappeared. Now I can only collect 5/6 of them.

Will try to re-enter the zone again in 90 minutes after I can reset the zone reuse timer and see if it helps. If not, it seems like I've become gated on this quest...

Anyone else had this happening? Does anyone know if it helps to delete/retake this quest or to reset the zone?
  2. Jrral Active Member

Loot and bodies decay and despawn after a certain time. It may be that you're taking too long to accept the drop and it's decaying on you. Just grab the item and examine it after it's in your inventory and safe from decay.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, resetting the zone respawned all six shinies for me [I made the mistake of being grouped with some guildees on this step, and the shinies were need/greed rather than 'loot all'...we ended up only getting part of the collection since they didn't respawn in the instance, so we all left, waited, reset, and then completed it].
  4. Pixiewrath Active Member

Thank you. I will try that. :)

I know, still messes up the quest though. The problem with shineys is that you can't examine them after picking them up as they go to the collection window when you do. Only by examining them BEFORE or in the chat window AFTER they are added to the collection, you can actually examine them. And if the game crashes or internet goes down after you've picked it up, you can't examine them anymore since the loot link disappears. So the only way to really examine safely is to examine before picking them up.

Anyway, gotta reset the zone now and see if I can proceed.
  5. Pixiewrath Active Member

The Broken Arrow item in this quest has a green troll icon as well T_T
  6. Jrral Active Member

I don't think examining them's needed for the quest, right? Going directly to a collection sounds like special behavior for this quest, it's not standard behavior for shineys. As an alternative, right-click and examine from the loot window, loot the item to get it, then read the examine window at your leisure (it won't close just because you've looted the item). Or, as you noted, go back through the log scroll and examine them from the links there. If you're interested in description text there's plenty of ways to read it without running afoul of the decay time. This will be a factor in more than just this quest, I've noticed many where you need items that drop/spawn from mobs you've killed or things you've triggered that you'll need to be sharpish about collecting the items or you'll lose them. There's several mechanics around that seem to be designed to encourage people to get a move on instead of dawdling.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When you get stuck like this, put in a /petition and explain the problem. The dropdown where you pick what kind of ticket this is should have a "Stuck" category and that does get fairly fast response (not instant, but usually within an hour or two, it depends on the amount of tickets CS is dealing with).

Sometimes deleting a quest and then restarting it will fix an issue. If it does not, then your only recourse is usually /petition (although sometimes the Shady Swashbuckler on Nek docks has what you need, worth checking!)

This is an easy fix. Go to your Journal, click the Collections tab, and there's a checkbox there somewhere that controls whether shinies are auto-added or not. Uncheck it and you should be golden.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The collection window has a "open on loot" option that does exactly that.