Quest Icons (yes, again)

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Terrogaunt, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Terrogaunt Developer

Hey guys, I added the ability to see what icons when a group member is tracking a quest. These feathers will show up blue.

I'm up in the air as to whether or not I want to show a bauble icon, since there isn't anything that you'd be able to do to help out with those other than not killing them. For the time being, I used a fist as the icon because it made me laugh. That will more than likely not make it to the Live.

Basically, let me know what you guys think and if you have any fantastic ideas for bauble related icons.

-Terrogaunt
  2. Drumstixx Active Member

Could you perhaps elaborate more on these icons? Where are they showing up at -- in the journal, next to mobs names above their heads, target window?

P.S. screenshots always work well
  3. Terrogaunt Developer

It's the icon that shows up next to the mob's name when they're needed for the quest that's tracked.
    If you're using a custom UI, you might need to add the imagestyles in before they show up correctly.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

how about a simple Q icon to indicate mob is needed for a quest
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I think this is a great addition, Thanks!
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I would perhaps think the icon of an Eye (Watched) next to the name would fit nicely. The fist is funny yes but perhaps confusing.
    I would also possibly recommend that a pop up message like you get at lvl 1 be added. So that you are very obviously notified when you target a watched mob for the first time so players who don't read update notes will know what the icon means. That should only happen once though.

Also if it is not already in, the icon should only show if someone in the same zone as you is looking for the boss. Some people keep quests for weeks before they kill or even try to kill a boss.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Printing Pressganger doesn't have the quest icons over the targets or the quest bauble showing up in the quest journal
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Order of Rime Frame Job
    When on this quest EVERY mob, including NPC have the 'bag' quest icon on them.

Edit: Note this only happens before you equip the wand in your charm slot. After you equip it.. NOTHING has a quest icon.
  9. Terrogaunt Developer

Are these two in relation to group stuff or do they happen with your own feathers too? Either way, I'll check it out soon!
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Those are both in relation to personal feathers... and another one to add to 'personal quest' bugs...

Terwoo's Explosive Idea: The 'an unstable flamewatcher' mobs don't have the quest bag.. though the quest bauble DOES work for that quest.
  11. Skeezie Active Member

There are a number of positive additions to the game in the past while that I haven't commented on yet and this is definitely one of them.

Micki/Skeezie
    Test
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

(personal quest)
    Focus on the Task at Hand
    The 'a rumbling geode's do not have quest feathers/bags on them
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

love this addition but the old thread about the items to click in the journal window, rather than look for them in your bags, is missing so this is the only place I can think to post this:

I stumbled across a /bug with using an item from my bags, I am starting the betrayal back to qeynos from freeport and on the quest: Listening in for Qeynos
    the item given does not show up in the quest journal window to click: ITEM -1423646287 -1891555920:Listenomitron

Also working on the next step, Timing the Nightshift, the item given ITEM 2109787022 884781054:Voice Modulator is not useable from the journal window and I have to search for it in my bags
  14. Councellor Member

Since you asked for "bauble" ideas here's a few ideas that I had, course they could be considered "dumb" by some :). Was thinking it might be nice to fly into a zone and tell which NPC is what without having to put a cursor over each NPC.

Image = Meaning
    • Do Not Enter (Circle w/slash) = Do not attack this Mob
    • Exclamation Mark = Important deserves closer inspection
    • Treasure Chest = Banker NPCs
    • Martini Glass = Food NPCs
    • Musical Note = All Bard style Training NPC
    • Shield = All Fighter Class Training NPCs
    • Bow = All DPS Class Training NPCs
    • Dagger = All Assassin, Swashbuckler type Training NPCs
    • Wand or Magician Hat = All Mage Class Training NPCs
    • Thought Bubble = NPCs that have Lore Storylines to interact with
  15. Terrogaunt Developer

These weren't working due to them not actually being baubles, but I've changed them to work now. Should be good soon.
  16. Wanyen Active Member

Were the old voice modulators changed/updated? Or did you just add new ones and deprecate the old ones? I have an old one, and its not working as a bauble.. not working at all, in fact. The one I have in inventory is listed as:

"\aITEM -140167719 884781054 0 0 0:Voice Modulator\/a"
  17. Terrogaunt Developer

I did change the item. You might need to get CS to swap it (by deleting it and respawning it) if you've had it since before the change.
  18. Wanyen Active Member

Worked with CS to get through the voice modulator segment.

The one they gave me talked about the Militia.. which, I think is for the Freeport variant. The one I was attempting was on the Qeynos side. There may be a wire or two crossed about which item maps to which quest after the update.

And the replacement didn't act as a quest bauble, even though the quest was new, despite the fact the item I had in inventory was leftover from a previous betrayal (the old one had the corresponding text suggesting it was the correct one for Qeynos/Compendium.. ). Probably because the new quest was expecting a different item than the one CS gave me.. but maybe something else.
  19. Terrogaunt Developer

You might be better off deleting the quest and picking it up again, just on the off chance that the item gets its quest association dynamically from the quest itself. If you have troubles after that, I'll run through it and make sure I didn't break it somehow. (I've already tested it, but I didn't run into any of those issues when I did)
  20. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

During the quest Not For Use In Tea, the Entrancing Othmir Flute does not show as a bauble button in quest helper.