Fixed Internally Quest bugged: "The Prince and I"

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Talossar, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Talossar New Member

I got killed during the quest "The Prince and I" but when I went back to the Thexian Hideaway no npc triggers the fight neither is attackable or hostile, I tryed to fix it by abandon and retake the quest to restart it but didn't work I only have 1 group of soldiers and the captain and noone is hostile.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

If you leave the zone during this event, it should pick right up where you left off. When you reenter Thexian Hideaway one or more of the guards should still be attackable.

When you [Tab] around can you find one who is attackable?

~ Kaitheel
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Talossar New Member

No, all the 3 guards who still there are not considered as enemies and when I move around them trying to click on them to attack it gives me the warning "not a combat target"
  4. Talossar New Member

Here a screenshot as you can see I cannot attack any of the 3 remaining guards[IMG]
    Kaitheel and Twyla like this.
  5. Talossar New Member

Any update about a fix please? :)
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce this issue, as of yet, but it is clear that it happened to you! I suspect that when you died and were forced to exit the zone, it then respawned the guards, but not at the stage of which you left the zone. We've learned a few tricks over the years since this quest was implemented when it comes to persistent instances, like this one. I'll see if I can make some changes that should reduce this from happening to others on this quest.

At this time, I can only suggest that you reset the dungeon to get another shot at disrupting Prince Talvus' plans.

Select the 'Dungeon Finder" from the game menu, select the "Persistent Instances" tab for the dungeons you've been in, then select the one you want to reset (in this case select "Thexian Hideaway") and click the reset button.

~ Kaitheel
    Talossar and Twyla like this.
  7. Talossar New Member

It reset by itself and I was able to fullfill the quest, thanks for your support.