Quest Breadcrumb's into next leveling area

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by keysmachine, Jan 15, 2014.

1. keysmachine New Member

new player here. what's up everybody. played this game got to like level 10 and i instantly subbed. love it. its chock full of content and everything i need for a time waster.

I have noticed however there is a severe lack of breadcrumb quest to make sure you're leveling within your range. Like all the sudden you'll be level 15 and get a level 27 quest. HUH?!

as soon as i hit 21 i literally scratched my head on where to go after i completed all of the faydark quest that where part of the quest chain in that area. and then went to the fast travel map to see what level range each area was and then used some SC to fast travel. is there something i'm missing?
  2. Centuriana Sokokar New Member

Feara likes this.
  3. Darkfoz Active Member

Also clicking the world bell (Wizard spire, druid ring) will show the level ranges of areas, should give you a rough idea of where to go next at least.
  4. Snowhaze Active Member

5. Ssrilith Member

If you finished Greater Faydark, the last quest should send you to Butcherblock, all the newbie zones as far as I remember all send you to Butcherblock at end. But as has been suggested the solo timelines on Wiki are very handy. :)
  6. Tylia Well-Known Member

GFay no longer has a quest that sends you to Butcherblock. You just have to "know" to go there, or know about the links listed above for more information. It does leave new players wondering what to do next imho.
  7. keysmachine New Member

i ended up at the butcherblock area. but i only got there because i looked at the fast travel map and saw that was the closest point to where i was to level. so i went there. but thanks to this thread now i know where to go afterwards.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Huh, they were so keen on putting in the "golden path' quests that lead you through butcherblock, why on earth would they remove the quest in Gfay that tells you to go there? That makes no sense.

I would say to the OP, you can use the bells, druid rings & wizards spires to travel without spending SC. Unless you are out in the middle of no where and really just HAVE to get back now, you city recall spell isn't up, you don't have evac, & aren't in a guild with travel amenities, don't have any of the tinkered wormholes etc.

SC for fast travel is easy but not something you have to do to get around (thank goodness).
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Virtually every server now has travel hub on the leaderboards courtesty of Couldrat. No need to get stuck in the boondocks with no port out anymore. Should turn up near the top of the list when sorted by house title...think she's gotten them all into Hall of Fame, if not it will be under Small Houses (she uses the dojo for the travel hub).
    TarnaX and Finora like this.
  10. Cisteros Active Member

Nice service, but I don't understand how a house that is a traveling hub helps someone stuck out in the boondocks (If I understand the boondocks to be somewhere out in the middle of Norrath in a random adventure zone)
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

You can enter the houses from almost any location other than instanced zones like advanced solos. I love them when I'm deep in a zone like Sanctum of Scaleborn and my packs overflow. Visit travel hub, take guild hall door, sell junk, exit guild hall through front door, and right back to where I was in Sanctum.
    Cisteros and Tylia like this.
  12. Cisteros Active Member

I missed this news for whatever reason, explain how this works, being able to enter a house in Qeynos from deep in SoS please
    TarnaX likes this.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The house has to be published. Click on the EQII icon, bottom left corner of the screen (if using default UI). Select Housing & Leaderboards. Choose a house...click visit.

If you search by house title you should find A Cloudrat Guildhall Door Dojo on the first page. There are ports to Mara, GFey, ToV, ToFS, Skyshrine, and several others in that house.
    Cisteros likes this.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

and some houses (like mine on Everfrost) have a variety of ports as well as crafting tables so make it very convenient if you've not carried portable crafting tables & find you need to craft something right away.
    Tylia likes this.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't have crafting tables, but it does have a collectible depot so I can conveniently offload those annoying LORE pink shinies. :D
    Finora likes this.
  16. TarnaX Active Member

What? I thought you could only access housing from within cities...???
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Published houses can be accessed from almost anywhere.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

unless you go to the housing leaderboards of houses people have published for viewing. there is a whole other play style out there those who love to decorate houses publish them to see of others like them you can go to your eq2 button and click on housing leader board from anywhere in norrath and click on one of the houses on the list and enter it except when you are in an instance dungeon, guildhall etc.