Quest -A Scattering of Ashes in New Halas

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Nightbloom, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Nightbloom New Member

Is there some trick to completing this quest solo? It's not marked as a group quest but there are 3 of those shadow cats linked together and I can't get past them with any of my characters. Even after the quest has long since turned grey and on my character that has stealth. They just see right through it and then promptly kick my butt. .Even wiki says it's solo and makes no mention of those cats.

I have the same problem in Gorowyn trying to get past the same shadow creatures with 3 linked together and multiple quests send you past them multiple times. Since I can't find any posts about these, I'm assuming that others aren't having a problem with them.

What is the purpose of marking the quest as low level and solo when it's anything but. For me at least. Or am I overlooking some workaround besides getting a high level friend to take them out or grouping up? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

There have been many requests to move the shadow creatures from those two locations. They link, but are not encounters, making them very difficult for no merc squishy classes that have not reached level 10 yet and gotten good gear. Honestly, I do not see the point in putting them in such low level areas like that. The quest they start is for an item for a VERY high level channeler quest. And they are in plenty of other places.

As much as I love the Frostfang Sea intro quests, I have stopped doing them once I get to the point where I have to pass those creatures. Same for the ones in Timorous Deep. I love the quests there, but the shadow creatures are placed so there is no way to avoid them, same as in Frostfang Sea.
  3. Nightbloom New Member

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm at a real loss as to why they're placed as they are. The ones in Frostfang I haven't found any way around them at all, but at least you can ignore that quest and continue on. For the Timorous Deep ones, the quest line truly does end there for you if you can't get past them as the quest line sends you past them multiple times.

I did find a workaround for that one though. It's a pain in the you-know-whereski, but there is a way to climb up and over the hill to get past them. It takes multiple tries each time, even after you know the way but it can be done. What I do is set a recall point at the top of the hill once I get up there if it's on a same-aligned character. Then can recall back up there after turning in the quests each time & getting sent back. Getting back up from the other side by the cave is simple. If different alignment so I can't set recall then I have to play jumping jack to find the sweet spot each time on the quest giver side to get back up.

I just don't see the point in having that big an obstacle in a newbie zone.