Quest:A Gathering Obsession Beyond The Grave - Bugged

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by flameweaver, May 8, 2015.

1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Just completed this quest, however my pack pony hasn't been upgraded. I'm aware that the spell is auto-scribed, but the pack pony isn't giving me the option to gather Holiday Harvests, nor is described a "Faithful Pack Pony" on examining the summon spell after completing the quest.

I've tried re-logging, zoning and restarting the client and talking again to the quest NPC: Steve Echgar who just responds with "Thank you so much for saving my hide and finding that kid"

Additionally, the quest isn't showing in my Completed Quest section of the Journal - it's as if the quest has gone into limbo.

Anybody got any ideas on how to fix ?

Meanwhile I have raised a petition: for reference: #150508-000103
  2. Strings Well-Known Member

Are there holiday harvests now?

Have you checked to see if the pony is returning any rares?
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

No rares so far, but that isn't an indication of whether it's been upgraded or not, it could just be Lady Luck having a bad day;)

However the upgraded pony gives an option to collect holiday harvests at any time, regardless of whether there is a holiday event ongoing or not. Which is how I know it hasn't been upgraded, that and the summon spell examine window hasn't had it's text updated.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

You will not see any changes really other than occassionally you get rares from your pony now. The spell name doesn't change, you don't get anything new to scribe, you won't see a thing to harvest holiday harvests unless there is a holiday running that has harvestables/crafting components. I know this for a fact because I have literally dozens of ponies & upgraded ponies running around. You won't be seeing harvest for holidays again until tinkerfest.

It would be nice if there was some indication something had changed. It is something people have asked for in the past. However, at this time it is working as intended, with little to differentiate the pony you get from Return and his upgrade with Beyond the Grave.
  5. Strings Well-Known Member

I've never been able to send my ponies for holiday harvests when there's not a holiday. What holiday would it collect for?
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Now you have me doubting myself. I've just checked on one of my other chars who has the upgraded pony - was there a holiday on Monday - as I'm certain that I had an option to select Holiday Harvests from the drop down lists then - however it isn't showing up now.
  7. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be nice, even something simple as re-skinning the pony with different colours would help.
  8. Strings Well-Known Member

Monday it was still city fest but there are no harvests for that. I don't think I've had the holiday harvest option since... Bristlebane day? I think that was the last one.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

I have been checking ponies religiously this week because I was out of a certain tier of harvests, I have not seen the holiday harvest thing since Bristlebane festivities ended.